• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla display project

Marcus2000monster

Well Sign me up.  I bought a Clamp from Amazon and am moving mine up to the dash.  I just put a Joying Stereo Head in with a detachable screen and it fit nicer than I thought.  So now I don't want to run the IQuad through the stereo head, as the Bluetooth for the phone is primary goal. 

I wish I could change the IQuad screen a little, I'd like the numbers in white and the borders in Blue.  Like Mike said it's hard to read.  My glasses are transion and darken while driving. Hard to read the Samsung Display.  I'll get a shot of the new stereo and Samsung tomorrow.

Screen 1.JPG

Edited by int3man

O.K.  So I bought a Joying with an 8" screen.  The main goal was Bluetooth.  Unfortunately it only handles one Bluetooth at a time.  So I added the Samsung TabElite.  The Black Samsung in the previous photo was a Sprint device and it seemed to spend all it's time trying to connect to Sprint.  This Tab was a straight tablet and not connected to a wireless service, much smoother, plus I can use a Micro SD to transfer tunes.

So it took 3 clamp holders to find a spring loaded one that clamps in the middle of the tablet.  I did have to lace the holder to the dash to keep it from bouncing all over the place, and to get the angle correct so I can see it from the seat.  I like it so far.   I am really liking this Quadzilla V2!!

Dash Display.jpg

Edited by int3man
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hmmm... Nice stereo. Might have to look into that Joying 8 inch looks like it fits good.

Yes I took about a month to find one.  This has a detachable faces and is connected with a Ribbon cable.  The vertical position is adjustable up or down in 1/2 increments.  Might be 1/4 I just left it centered as it didn't foul my vents.  The only caveat is that the locks for the ribbon cable are along for the ride.  I thought that the unit was DOA, turns out that the ribbon cable has to pushed further in that the locks will push it.  I have .090 to .125 between the lock and the back of the cable.  Bluetooth works great now to figure out all the rest of the crap that it does.  It does support Android Auto Play.  The other thing that I need to figure out is how to dim the screen with the dash lights.  I assume that there is a wire that controlled the factory Radio lights?  I need to see what to do to interface with that.  8" screen is bright at night!!!

Michael

Edited by int3man

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 12:02 PM, TheGreatWhite said:

Ez Lynk has a pretty good monitor from what I understand, comes with a dash cam too. PDD sells them for ~$300.

That's just a phone with a new case on it.

The whole point is: we don't want another "wireless/bluetooth" monitor. We want wired. I want a monitor that is hard wired into the adrenaline box and pulls power either from the adrenaline, or another 12v tap. the bluetooth works fine when it's actually connected, but the problem is getting it connected reliably. sometimes mine connects right away, but majority of the time it fails to connect and gotta wait a couple mins or make it scan for nearby bluetooth devices before connection will be successful. pain in the arse and can easily be avoided 100% by using a wired connection.

Edited by jigabop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jigabop said:

That's just a phone with a new case on it.

The whole point is: we don't want another "wireless/bluetooth" monitor. We want wired. I want a monitor that is hard wired into the adrenaline box and pulls power either from the adrenaline, or another 12v tap. the bluetooth works fine when it's actually connected, but the problem is getting it connected reliably. sometimes mine connects right away, but majority of the time it fails to connect and gotta wait a couple mins or make it scan for nearby bluetooth devices before connection will be successful. pain in the arse and can easily be avoided 100% by using a wired connection.

Do you have Android or Apple? I have a Pixel 3 and it connects 100% of the time, no problems at all.

On 3/8/2019 at 2:33 PM, TheGreatWhite said:

Do you have Android or Apple? I have a Pixel 3 and it connects 100% of the time, no problems at all.

I use an old Samsung Galaxy S4 I set up to boot up when I start the truck automatically, and it auto-launches the quadzilla app, and it auto-shuts down when I turn the key off. I leave it in the truck 24/7.

24 minutes ago, jigabop said:

I use an old Samsung Galaxy S4 I set up to boot up when I start the truck automatically, and it auto-launches the quadzilla app, and it auto-shuts down when I turn the key off. I leave it in the truck 24/7.

Fantastic idea! Didn't know you could set one up to do that!