• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla display project

Marcus2000monster

I’m working on figuring out a way to use an Android device and have it come on and off with the key switch. I have no clue how to go about this. Any suggestions? I think I have found a way to make it autostart a certain app namely IQuad of course so that part I can work with.... hopefully within a month I can afford a Qaud! 

We are working on a monitor. We should be getting a semi-working prototype to us in the next couple of weeks. 

12 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All I got to say is make it bigger than the Smarty Touch screen. That thing is smaller than my LG G5 screen now. I don't want to squint to see the gauges. Remember us old farts out here with crappy eyesight and needing bifocals.

If the smarty touch is still 4.3" then we will be bigger than that for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

Another thing to be aware of... Just be aware of the suction cup laws for windshield mounting. Make sure there is other options for mounting the screen.

https://blog.proclipusa.com/suction-cup-windshield-mounts/

States in Which Suction Cup Windshield Mounts Are Illegal
Alabama
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Louisiana
Maine
Montana
Nebraska
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Dakota
Oklahoma
Oregon
Virginia
Washington
Washington, D.C.
West Virginia

• Owner

Ummm... The last ticket I've ever got was back 26 years ago. Been awhile since I've really been pulled over and picked on. I've had one a year ago but local cops don't bother with me once I pull my Idaho County ID for search and rescue. But the suction cup idea is something to be aware of. Even my Garmin and it constantly falling off the glass and laying in the bottom of the dash. Scares the crap out you at night when it does fall. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 9:02 AM, Quadzilla Power said:

We are working on a monitor. We should be getting a semi-working prototype to us in the next couple of weeks. 

If the smarty touch is still 4.3" then we will be bigger than that for sure. 

@Quadzilla Power hownis that display for the programmer coming?

9 hours ago, Youngblood24v said:

@Marcus2000monster This is the size android tablet I’m running. Currently have it just sitting on my cluster due to the heat always knocking my suction mount off while sitting in the sun. 

62FA1BD8-947D-46D6-863A-1A25C86C6499.jpeg

I’m just not a fan of a loose smartphone or tablet sitting in my dash. I prefer something that looks like it was made to fit if you know what I mean lol. 

I’m really wanting a Qaud but I’m going to wait until they come out with they’re new display. 

On 9/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m just not a fan of a loose smartphone or tablet sitting in my dash. I prefer something that looks like it was made to fit if you know what I mean lol. 

I’m really wanting a Qaud but I’m going to wait until they come out with they’re new display. 

Here’s how I have mine. Just an idea, I’d prefer something permanent that’s for sure.

E2E6DE28-A8DD-41F2-B177-44A072127CFE.jpeg.d2ecfb88bc55d0c72fad9d4ef7396cc9.jpeg

I thought I'd try an 7' android (not android auto) double din car stereo,  just got it in today and nope, quadzilla app won't run on it.  Annoying. Sending it back.  This has got to be an app thing.  I suppose I'll try to fit a tablet in somewhere.  Phone is too small for me.