• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla display project

Marcus2000monster

Well, I would like to tell you it is stellar and ready to ship, but I can't. There are some features that need to be double checked. There are also some improvements and some functionality that is just missing that will need to be added. 

Also, our only working prototype died after a couple of days, so we can't test any longer. We are working with the developers trying to get something put together to put out there soon. 

-Thanks again, 

• Thanks 2

tactile buttons for power level increase/decrease would be a nice feature ;)

Half the time I'm trying to change a power level while driving down the road with the touch screen app and end up dragging up the gauge add bar thing at the bottom rather than changing power levels cause bumpy roads and such. 

Edited by jigabop
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, jigabop said:

Use these "destructions" at your own risk. I take no liability or responsibility for you messing up your android device in any way/shape/form, and I suggest you use a device you don't care about as you will likely mess up if you don't follow directions properly and need to factory reset the device and try again. (factory reset wipes all user data, apps, and settings)

This is great man!  Rooted my old tablet and set this up.  Really useful.  I was always afraid I'd leave my tab running in my car at night.  Now I can use a switched power source. :)

Edit:

One thing that's nice to add is to delay so if you turn your engine off for fast food or whatever, you have a bit to order without the reboot.  Of course this can be any time length.

Lastly, this can open your iquad app too, all in one.  Here's my final flow.  Just remember to connect shutdown back to the top. ?

Screenshot_20181111-161443_Drive.jpg

Edited by SavageTusk
Update
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 6:48 PM, SavageTusk said:

This is great man!  Rooted my old tablet and set this up.  Really useful.  I was always afraid I'd leave my tab running in my car at night.  Now I can use a switched power source. :)

Edit:

One thing that's nice to add is to delay so if you turn your engine off for fast food or whatever, you have a bit to order without the reboot.  Of course this can be any time length.

Lastly, this can open your iquad app too, all in one.  Here's my final flow.  Just remember to connect shutdown back to the top. ?

Nicely done!

Did you get the automatic bootup going too?

• Like 1

• Owner

A stupid and crazy idea... @Quadzilla Power ...

I wonder if its possible to change over the Quadzilla communication to USB for a cellphone. That would be killer option too. Being my LG G5 cellphone already has Type C USB and just change up the app to communicate over the USB instead of the bluetooth. The killer part is the USB cable could supply power to the cellphone.

• Like 1

I don't care what kinda wiring it is as long as it's not using bluetooth/wireless to communicate with the adrenaline, and doesn't have something hanging off the OBDII or extra wires running around it doesn't need.

If you aren't using USB-C for communication to the adrenaline...why put on the back?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if you aren't using USB-C for data, then I would assume you are using the port just to flash/update the monitor's firmware or loaded tunes correct? Cause I would think it a bit redundant for power since you can pull that from the adrenaline. So if we need it for updating but not need it to be plugged in all the time, would it not make more sense to have it on the side for easy access in case we have a pillar mount we don't want to remove it from constantly to flash update?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...