• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad Boost Readings Lower than Boost Gauge

Just curious if anyone has experienced this before. I recently installed a Adrenaline with iQuad on my truck. When monitoring the boost reading from the iQuad on my phone it reads about 3psi lower than my other boost gauge. I have a 0-60 Autometer elite, its not a junk gauge and has never been over pressurized since my truck is mostly stock so I would expect it to be accurate. Could this be a conversion thing with how the Iquad produces its boost number or a sign of a failing MAP sensor? Truck runs great no weird issues I have noticed just curious since if it is low all my fueling will be thrown down 3psi levels.

Thanks 

Mine is this way as well at low boost pressures Autometer boost gauge reads 2 to 3 psi and the Quad shows 0 psi.  By 25 psi both gauges read the same. 

2 minutes ago, 6cyl$$pit said:

Interesting, I assume the root cause ins't known? Is the quad is fueling based on this? Thanks for the info it was bugging me. 

The Quad spokesman has explained why this is, in the Quad forum of this site about 2 months ago,  I can't recall the reasons off hand, I believe it had to do with ECM, or factory boost sensor, inaccuracies. 

The quad is reading what the ecm is seeing until 16 psi then it starts to add on top of it.   

late trucks appear to have this issue more so than early trucks, but I have only ever been able to chalk this up to odd ECM behavoir. 

as long as the reading is stable and not jumping you will not see an issue.  

• 1 month later...

So I have the same problem in my truck except that the reading is off by 10 psi I’ve tried two different boost gauges and three map sensors and they are all off  I’m reading my boost off the horn. I’m going to get another sensor and higher quality boost gauge to tey and see if that’s the problem. Were would I check readings on the wiring? 

So I didn’t check the jumper on the box but I did hook a scan up to the obd and the computer is reading 36psi at wot and the gauge is reading 44psi so my computer is what’s off the sensor is reading good the tps is reading good all the ohms check out there’s no brakes in the wires took the truck into a shop had them check the computer over and reflashed and they said everything was good but it’s still reading 7 to 8 psi off. what could cause this bad computer? A non ho computer (wrong computer was put on it?)

9 hours ago, Cummins4life said:

So I didn’t check the jumper on the box but I did hook a scan up to the obd and the computer is reading 36psi at wot and the gauge is reading 44psi so my computer is what’s off the sensor is reading good the tps is reading good all the ohms check out there’s no brakes in the wires took the truck into a shop had them check the computer over and reflashed and they said everything was good but it’s still reading 7 to 8 psi off. what could cause this bad computer? A non ho computer (wrong computer was put on it?)

please check the jumper on the box.

FYI it is impossible for the ecm to see 36 psi at wot, that boost fooling curciut will not allow it.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

please check the jumper on the box.

FYI it is impossible for the ecm to see 36 psi at wot, that boost fooling curciut will not allow it.  

So the jumper is not in place so I put it in place.  Update installing the jumper didn’t not work when I build 35 psi the quad is only showing 5 now

Edited by Cummins4life

jumper remove = 98-00 jjumper installed = 01/02    

If it was removed when you checked it is setup right.  

edit;

Was your ecm or motor ever swapped?  the obd reading 36 psi tells me your code reader isn't reading boost correct.  With the quad plugged in you should only ever see ~16psi from the ecm due to boost fooling.  

25 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

jumper remove = 98-00 jjumper installed = 01/02    

If it was removed when you checked it is setup right.  

edit;

Was your ecm or motor ever swapped?  the obd reading 36 psi tells me your code reader isn't reading boost correct.  With the quad plugged in you should only ever see ~16psi from the ecm due to boost fooling.  

Yes it was removed so I installed it because after reading the artical it said some of the older ones needed jumped so I was just checking it so I’ll swap it back. As far as I know the engine was never swapped I’ll double check with a snap-on scanner for sure. Should a manual  gauge read higher than the quad or the ecm?

12 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

that is impossible to answer.  The mech gauge will be more accurate, generally, but one may be higher or lower than the other.  

So how much of a difference tho will 7-10 difference make and with it being that much will it result in damaging something?