• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hard to find parts resources

Anybody know of places to get "hard" to get parts?  

LMC (in 2012 book, but discontinued now,  washer nozzle

Geno's

Auto part store

Junk yard

Backyard  relics

JC Whittney (sometimes stuff others dont have)

NAPA (local napa, have part number on hand because if low priced item, they care less)

OK...Question

..is there any places that specialize in dodge parts I didnt list.

One the best tools i have used is the parts look up tool and get the oe part number. It does not always turn up but has pointed me in a good direction for the most part. Some extra research will be involved.

Have you tried removing the one you have cleaning it? Might just be plugged up?

Edited by dripley

59 minutes ago, dripley said:

One the best tools i have used is the parts look up tool and get the oe part number. It does not always turn up but has pointed me in a good direction for the most part. Some extra research will be involved.

Have you tried removing the one you have cleaning it? Might just be plugged up?

Sort of... Manual says to apply compressed air backwards, to remove crap, which I've done.  I've still got the entire cowling off awaiting parts from LMC.  LMC discontinued washer nozzles.  Trying to get one because mine pisses sideways and i won't know if nozzle shoots right till I get it back cowl reinstalled.  .  So trying to get one before LMC parts come in.  Dormans supposedly has a replacement.  

I find the part book very handy, put in part number from book into google and usually stuff turns up.  Part book also handy if your looking for something in earlier year model.  Such as I had to find a fuel tank.  Turns out 98 and backwards to I think 95 will work, but threads are different on the cap.  Vented or non -vented cap of I recall right.  By the way never finished that project, little gas pump icon shows up in dash.  So for now I just figure out miles instead of fuel gauge.   Anyways part book is very friendly.  Wish I could copy and paste with it though.  Formatting doesn't transfer right,  maybe jusy my great computer skills?

• Staff

Washer nozzles go bad, plug up, when hard water deposits form in them or an alga blockage .  If you can take them off, with out braking them, soak them in CLR then rinse and blow air backward through them.   Some times you can run a very fine strand of wire through the openings.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

Washer nozzles go bad, plug up, when hard water deposits form in them or an alga blockage .  If you can take them off, with out braking them, soak them in CLR then rinse and blow air backward through them.   Some times you can run a very fine strand of wire through the openings.

Yes, CLR soaked couple hours.  Didnt think of running a wire thru it though. Also going to clean out and rinse fluid reservoir.  Made attachment today to get to bottom of tank with vinyl tube rigged up to wet vac.  Opening on top to small for my wet vac hose, and crazy tank opening is off set from deepest part of tank, where if any junk would be.  Vacuuming out tank safer think than removing it to clean I think. 

9 minutes ago, Dmaney said:

Tip cleaner for torch tips would probably fit the bill. 

Didnt think about those.  Only thing I could think was to pull apart a short piece of 16 or 18 gauge wire and then use a strand of it.  

At first I was afraid to soak it in clr.  Thinking maybe i would melt the plastic nozzle.   Of course wife pointed out that we bought it in a plastic container.  Hate when she does that to me.?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

If all else fails

Part# 56005414 fits 93 to 98 grand cherokee and 94 to 02 full size trucks. A dealer in Renton WA shows one in stock. Other dealers do as well around the country.

Thanks... called closest dealer which is in Renton.  No luck.

Doormans list them online but went to couple auto stores.  They can't order.  "Not in stock and can't order"

Put the cowl and nozzles back on without mounting, just laid it up there and after clr and 22 gauge wire  and it worked great.   New wipers and now waiting for rain?  And added nozzles to list of things for the next time I  run across a junker.

If anybody does same job, be very careful of plastic hose connections under cowl, nothing more than plastic "y" fitting that connect rubber hoses.

Also used wet/dry vac to vacuum out fluid tank.  Vac hose to big for tank opening... made adapter to get 1/2 inch vinyl hose down inside tank and washed out couple times.  Did it that way because posters said pulling tank is hassle and might break.  Anyway Worked great. 

Now on to JB weld on front grille.  Then fuel gauge

Thanks for posting.  

12 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Thanks... called closest dealer which is in Renton.  No luck.

Doormans list them online but went to couple auto stores.  They can't order.  "Not in stock and can't order"

I hate when dealerships do that.. Since I work for a dealer I can see other dealerships that have that number in there inventory. They could order it in from another dealer they just dont want to is what it comes down to...

48 minutes ago, 2000Ram2500 said:

I hate when dealerships do that.. Since I work for a dealer I can see other dealerships that have that number in there inventory. They could order it in from another dealer they just dont want to is what it comes down to...

Seems to be common practice in part business not just dealers. Example is   my small plastic connection on fuel module broke.  Called Vulcan to get part number because he is 2 days away by mail.  He uses different part numbers but I knew it was a doorman part but i couldnt think of right name in order to look up in doorman.  My local NAPA if I dont have part number they won't look up if price of item is low priced, just not worth their time I guess. My kid use to work for a 5 star dealer.  When my own lift pump went out he sent me one.  I told him I'm going to a fass system.  He never even heard of them.  After looking them up, he approached his boss about them.  His boss told him...if not OEM dont bring it into his dealership.  My truck was at dodge dealer twice since 2005 and both times dealer either was backed up or couldn't or wouldn't to the work. I dont care for being under the hood but have to get stuff fixed somehow.  Ironically my kid now has newer duramax, so I have to keep this thing going and not get newer one. He keeps telling me how good they are and I dont trust gm at all.  So my truck has to outlast him, and he has 18 year head start. We'll see.  And my son in law that doesn't know how to check the oil got a new Chevy because he likes the back up camera.  Then concerned how much into retirement account.  Gee, what about the 5 grand you just paid in sales tax.  Oh I forgot about that... (slap forehead)

• Sad 1

Its sad thats becoming common. I see it as bad business myself. Unless its not worth it for the customer then why not try to make a sale. Every penny counts. And the next time that customer comes in you might sell them a few hundred bucks in parts you just never know. If nothing else your customer will see you as helpful instead of worthless. Thats just my opinion though. Doesnt make sense to turn business away.

I'd say you have the advantage. No EGR. No DEF. No complicated computer systems. Easy to work on for the most part. And its not a GM product. I did have a 2015 Chevy 2500HD for a work truck for about a year and a half. It wasnt a bad truck but I went from that to my 2000 Cummins for a reason. I had to bring that chevy in for service because a connector got water in it supposedly. I didnt have it for more than 2 months and it went into limp mode because of that i could only go about 35 mph. Ironically it hadnt rained for months then so its beyond me what happened but they told me it just needed some dielectric grease on some connector.

• Thanks 2