• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel shut off

Something is shorted out, I've seen people use something like a choke cable for the fuel solenoid arm. Pull it all the way out truck runs push it in truck shuts off, also if you apply a little bit of throttle on startup it'll fire up a lot quicker than just cranking on it.

Edit

There is a rubber boot that protects that plunger, with time it rips and let's dirt and moisture in causing it to hang up, you could try pulling it out cleaning it maybe apply a little bit of grease on the plunger and see if it starts to work again. They sell an upgraded solenoid that has a larger more powerful solenoid

Edited by Dieselfuture

• Staff

Disconnect your grid heaters that's what burned mine when I had a twelve valve. Just have to dig in that rubber connector deeper to get enough wire to get butt connector on.

As for the fuel shut off solenoid look up a local fuel injection rebuilder. They have those in stock. They put those on new when they rebuild out injection pumps.

Edited by JAG1