• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 cummins 3500 pinion and diff

I just replaced the pinion and differential bearing in the rearend bir when I put the pinion back in it seemed really tight I can spin it by hand but I figured something with bearings on both sides would spin alot easier any I put or torque specs for the pinion nut?? I didnt torque it I didnt have a torque wrench at the time and was in a bind to get it going for work any help would be great.

The pinion is supposed to be torqued to 40 rotational inch-pounds for new bearings.  Which is pretty tight (about 550-600 ft lbs of torque on the nut).  It's hard to check now that the carrier is installed, as this value is set with no carrier and no seal on the pinion.