• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see you lurking about Mopar1973Man.Com reading articles and reading other member's posts. Are you trying to solve a problem with your Dodge / Ram Turbo Diesel Cummins? We have lots of helpful members and staff on the Mopar1973Man.Com and are willing to give guidance on how to fix or improve your truck. Sorry, we are a subscription website now. We are not corporate owned like many of the other websites out there. Like Cummins Forum (VerticalScope Inc.). Mopar1973Man.Com is entirely privately owned and operated since 2004. Your subscription funds goes towards server maintenance and software maintenance. We happen to be one of the most friendliest and helpful websites  for Cummins Owners in the world. Come join us and register and then pick a subscription plan.

99 cummins 3500 pinion and diff

I just replaced the pinion and differential bearing in the rearend bir when I put the pinion back in it seemed really tight I can spin it by hand but I figured something with bearings on both sides would spin alot easier any I put or torque specs for the pinion nut?? I didnt torque it I didnt have a torque wrench at the time and was in a bind to get it going for work any help would be great.

The pinion is supposed to be torqued to 40 rotational inch-pounds for new bearings.  Which is pretty tight (about 550-600 ft lbs of torque on the nut).  It's hard to check now that the carrier is installed, as this value is set with no carrier and no seal on the pinion.

Archived