• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel pressure gauge.

So I need a little help with a fuel pressure gauge install. I am looking to get a Isspro electric gague and a Vulcan line kit. I know I need a snubber as well. But how do I go about hooking it up to my vp44 test port? Snubber first or after the Vulcan line? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! 

Do you mean you are installing a Vulcan big line kit between the filter canister and the VP? I would tap that line for the gauge and leave the test port open, you might need it down the line to connect a mechanical gauge to verify your electric gauge is reading correctly. 

Are you still running the stock block mounted pump?

Been thru the in tank pump so i highly recomend a FP gauge. I personally would not connect it to the test port and i have no idea what a Vulcan line kit is. I do know what a Vulcan Big line kit is. This is mine with the tap for the FP gauge between the VP and the filter canister.

post-10340-138698211595_thumb.jpg

https://www.genosgarage.com/product/vulcan-fh/gauge-related. This is the link to the Vulcan line kit. I know I need a fp gauge sooner rather than later. I think using something other than the test port would be a good idea as well.  Just trying to understand everything I need before I get half way into.  Dont wanna halfa$$ it. 

Should I just skip the FP gauge and get a fass or airdog instead? 

9 hours ago, Unreal Summit said:

So I need a little help with a fuel pressure gauge install. I am looking to get a Isspro electric gague 

If going with an electric, you want to mount the sender as far from the vp as possible to reduce the hammer effect from the vp, it will kill the sender in no time. I mounted mine to the brake master cylinder but you might find a more appropriate location as long as you keep The fuel travel 2 to 3 ft. From vp inlet

dripley,s photo is a good set up, with the T between the vp and fuel filter canister then a niddle valve cracked open to further reduce the hammer effect on the line to the sending unit. You will want the big line kit that goes between the fuel canister and vp in addition to the fuel pressure gauge plumbing, If ordering through Vulcan or somewhere else just get the installation kit with the gauge so you don’t have to piece it together.

51 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

Should I just skip the FP gauge and get a fass or airdog instead? 

You will need both a gauge and a better pump, FASS, Air dog or mechanical 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, dripley said:

Been thru the in tank pump so i highly recomend a FP gauge. I personally would not connect it to the test port and i have no idea what a Vulcan line kit is. I do know what a Vulcan Big line kit is. This is mine with the tap for the FP gauge between the VP and the filter canister.

post-10340-138698211595_thumb.jpg

Help me out here, the banjo joint where the fuel line goes to on the VP44 from the filter is not the test port right? I have noticed a separate port with a cap screw head on it, is this the test port? What's changed from using the banjo joint and going with a push lock Tee? I need to put gauges on the 99 or at least the Fuel Pressure Gauge.

15 minutes ago, Greenlee said:

Help me out here, the banjo joint where the fuel line goes to on the VP44 from the filter is not the test port right? I have noticed a separate port with a cap screw head on it, is this the test port? What's changed from using the banjo joint and going with a push lock Tee? I need to put gauges on the 99 or at least the Fuel Pressure Gauge.

The port with the schrader valve is good place for a test gauge to be attached. It is best to get a FP gauge back away from the VP but after your last filter. That install was done using a Vulcan big line kit.  It has bigger fittings than the stock banjo bolts for better flow. The fitting on the my VP still has a port for testing purposes, it came with the big line kit. 

Edited by dripley