• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey y’all, I’m looking into upgrading my charger after I get my head studs and valve springs done in the near future. With the fuel I have right now I don’t think I will need any larger injectors to get in the mid to upper 500’s. So my only question is what are y’all running as far as chargers go from 5-600hp on VP44 trucks? I’m making upwards of 450 right now with a 61.5 HX40 so I’m thinking a 64/71/14 or something along those lines would work good. But I also daily drive it and want somewhat drivability with a big single. Thanks.

@Me78569 Thanks for the reply and I have a tranny, 7x0.012 injectors, 4inch exhaust, new VP44, intake, turbo, Quadzilla adrenaline, PDD mechanical lift pump and yeah that’s about it. I tow a skid steer and a fifth-wheel occasionally but not too often. Not enough I’d consider it a deciding factor at least. 

@Me78569 I love the feel of a big single but daily driving can be difficult. I have a buddy with an 850hp common rail with compounds. It has pretty immediate power but it’s super quiet and not that jolt of power that I like. I don’t know exactly what I’ll do yet but as far as singles what would get me around that HP number?