• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Retrofitted led headlight wiring problem

So I got the retrofit led headlights from the hid factory with the morimoto led. I put them in and nothing worked they said move the pins around in the 3 prong plug that plugs into the stock headlight plug in so I did and I got the low beams to work now and the high beams with no problems. But now I cant get the lights to shut off with the switch any ideas on what to try now. The only way I can get the lights to shut off is pull the fuse from the fuse box under the hood but they still flicker very faintly. The hid factory said that I'm on my own and they have never heard of the problem. Thanks

Edited by zach199917

So my headlights are 9004 and the kit and wiring harness they sent is supposed to plug into the pickup stock blue plug in. They said the kit was actually pinned for a 9007 headlight so if I moved the pins it would work. That is the only place it plugs into the pickup besides for the positive and negative that I ran to the battery everything else is in their wiring harness  that runs to the headlight relay box and then to the headlight

that is their plug into the wiring harness there is only one of those and the other side factory plug in for headlight you just leave hanging

20180831_215536.jpg

did you have sport lights or single bulb setup?  

sounds to me like you have pins mixed up still, but you will need to tell us what is pinned to where.  also the headlight switch will disable power to the low beam when you go to high beam.  

I dont know if the morimoto led control can handle that.

I have a single bulb set up on my pickup and that is the way this led controller is set up to just plug into single bulb trucks. The weird part I guess is the low beams work just right then when i turn on the high beams the shutter moves like it should and it goes into high beam and stays there and everything and the indicator on the dash works with high beam like it should. The lights just dont shut off when I turn them off they just go back to low beam

That is what they look like

tmpGkS9fy.jpg

did you pull both fuses for high and low beam?  

your picture looks like the middle pin is ground, but the 9004 has the ground on the outside.    

I would get a multimeter out and test for power and ground on the truck side, then pin the Mled to match.  

I am assuming you have a splitter from the blue truck side plug to the Mled control box?    the MLED connectors are not keyed so they can be put in upside down depending on what headlights you need to adapt from.  You can look at the connector and see a + and - on one side.   verify that those are also connected correctly.  

I guess I didnt realize there was a high beam fuse and a low beam fuse I only seen one fuse for driver side and one for passenger side. 

In the picture I'm holding the plug in for the mled that plugs into the stock blue plug in on the pickup. And white is ground for the mled I verified that with the company and that is what I have on the outside.

I have also verified all the other connectors in their harness are plugged in to the + and - because that is why I couldn't get the headlights to come on at all to begin with because I had them backwards

That's possible

the guy I talked at the hid factory acted like it wasnt a big deal but I'm not sure. I basically have got to the point of sending them back because their service hasn't been great I never could get them adjusted to were they needed to be without shemming them up and when I washed the pickup the one fogged over on the inside because it got a slight amount of moisture in it which is obviously never a good foot to start out on new headlights. Also the round part on the inside they paint rubbed off because it rubs on the lenses and all I got told is that's all normal with custom headlights and I should expect all this stuff. He is so confident that I have no idea what I'm doing and there nothing at all wrong with the product that he will take them back. I'm not saying I know what I'm doing but that is why I ask questions.

Not sure where to go at this point so just kinda curious what everyone else is running. I like the ones mopar 1973 man has kinda wondering has install was on those and how service was there.

I had a problem with the headlight switch on the dash that I experienced similar problem with. I took it apart and found one of the rollers that makes contacts fell out and was just jiggling inside the switch, it took a little bit to figure out how to put that switch back together but now it's working fine. It's pretty easy to pull it out and just shake it in your hand and see if something inside is loose.