• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another failed AD

Idling in the parki g lot today and I notice 0 FP. So I dig into it and no blown fuse. Plug another relay in and nothing, hot wire the pump nothing. I have power to the pump and the ECM is triggering the relay like it should but the pump is dead. The only thing I did not do is open the cover over the gear rotor to see if something got in there. Even if something was in there the pump is not even trying to run. Any suggestions?

• Sad 1

• Owner

Then there are lucky ones like me. 13 years on the first one. Now heading out on my second pump head from AirDog. The only thing I've got a random problem with is pressure I know the problem is the way I bent the spring so the ball gets hung up where it can't close completely and the presssure falls lower than typical. After a bit the ball finds its center again and pressure stay ay 17 PSI

Thats why i like the adjustable regulator on AD II's. I have only mine 3 or 4 times on bith the pump heads. Its a real shame the the pump doen't work. I was hoping Imgot mine just before the problems but maybe not. And I hoped the second one was after the problems, maybe not again.

Maybe the third time will be the charm, who knows.

• Staff
4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

If I remember correctly IBMobile has the Fuel Boss and an Air Dog Lift pump installed ready for a way to always prime the fuel system.

My "back up" fuel pump is a cheap Airtex.   I have the fuse for it pulled but the relay is still connected to the ECM so no fuel pump code is stored.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Technically I should be in the same game as you now with pump heads we will see what shakes out. Being you have the adjustable regulator you might look into checking the regulator and see if there are any problems with it. Hanging parts, worn parts, etc. 

IIRC the pimp I got back in 2014 had a manufacture date of 2012. That might have put me into the bad time. Hopefully yours will be OK.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Ummm... I still got the old school ball and spring. No adjustable regulator. When I changed the pump I only changed the pump head!

IIRC again the AD II's come with the regulator and the regular 150's and below have the spring and ball.

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

My "back up" fuel pump is a cheap Airtex.   I have the fuse for it pulled but the relay is still connected to the ECM so no fuel pump code is stored.

Me wish me had a back up with the hurricane coming in. Cant get home, fortunately it looks like I will now get the most compared to Hickory NC. I am in Columbia SC. Damn thing looks to be hooking left on us.

• Sad 2

• Staff
2 hours ago, dripley said:

Me wish me had a back up with the hurricane coming in. Cant get home, fortunately it looks like I will now get the most compared to Hickory NC. I am in Columbia SC. Damn thing looks to be hooking left on us.

How close to the coast are you and is your home on high ground?

From land fall about 250 miles to home in Hickory. That did not stop Hugo about 23 years ago. Did some damage but nothing structural. Walked around in some 60 mph wind that you could lean over and it would you up. I think the biggest danger up that way is rain. I have never seen any flooding in my neck of the woods. Not being there bothers me more than anything.

Now I am about 160 miles from landfall here in SC. Still the storm looks to be slowing a little and turning towards us. We should be fine here but it is going to rain some kind of a lot. But it is mother nature and we will just have to see.