• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

fuel problems

My name is Gage I have a 2002 24 valve 5.9 I just replaced the vp44 injection pump fuel filter and in tank fuel pump and I'm getting no power to the fuel pump just needing help trying to figure it out the check engine light is on no fuel is being moved at all we checked the relays and fuses everything seems to be fine please lmk tank you  

I wish you would ditch the intake pump and go with Fass or something like fuel boss, and then upgrade everything to 1/2" lines and put a pressure gauge on.

On why there is no power to the pump, ether I'm not sure I never had to deal with any of that, po of my truck had airdog on and when it faild I went with fass, now I'm thinking I should have went with mechanical.  

What codes are seeing since the CEL is on?

The ECM should be controlling the pump. Key on you should experience a short bump of the pump, a second or less. You would probably have to have someone with there ear to the filler neck or under the tank to hear it. Then you can bump the starter, no engine start, and it should run for 20 or so seconds. That is the only time you will have power to the pump unless you are starting the engine or it is running. That is if it is connected to the ECM pigtail.