• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Way to Dry Carpet INSIDE the Truck?

Got to school yesterday and noticed my passenger side rubber floor mat looked a bit wet, so I lifted it up and loan behold my carpet was soaked. I grabbed some paper towels and soaked it up a bit while I was at school and hurried home and pulled some of the carpet up and stuck a dehumidifier in the passenger seat overnight. Just went out and checked it and it has dried the carpet but that insulation is still a bit wet. Anyone know any cool tricks to drying a carpet in a truck? Tried taking the passenger seat out but found out its spot welded to everything else and didnt feel like taking it all out because of the mess and it was late. Anything helps, thanks!

EDIT: I have 0 clue what caused it, just checked the AC drain and it wasnt clogged so I checked the weather stripping and it isnt torn up or anything, so any incite on that would be very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Edited by TheGreatWhite

1 minute ago, CTcummins24V said:

When the AC spout was dribbling back into my truck and soaked the passenger floor I did just what you did and put a dehumidifier in the fron seat overnight, dried everything. Maybe another night of dehumidifier. 

Thats what I was thinking. It got a lot of the water but parts of the insulation and sound deadening foam were a bit wet. Gotta paint some of my floor a bit as well since its getting a bit crusty.

Was the 90* fitting still on the HVAC drain thru the fire wall? I knocked mine off when rebuilt the box and flooded the floor. The wind just blows back in around the seal to the fire wall. I put a short piece of clear tubing on mine and no more problem.

Edited by dripley

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

Was the 90* fitting still on the HVAC drain thru the fire wall? I knocked mine off when rebuilt the box and flooded the floor. The wind just blows back in around the seal to the fire wall. I put a short piece of clear tubing on mine and no more problem.

Uhhhhh cannot confirm nor deny and to be honest i have no idea what 90* fitting you're talking about. Have any pictures or anything?

There was no tee on mine just the pipe sticking out. I thought they came with a 90 but since I knocked mine off I dont know for sure. They will drain fine like that sitting still, driving will let the wind blow it back into the cab and you get wet carpet. At least thats what mine did untill I put the hose on it.

Edited by dripley

1 minute ago, dripley said:

There was no tee on mine just the pipe sticking out. I thought they came with a 90 but since I knocked mine off I dont know for sure. They will drain like that sitting still, driving will let the wind blow it back into the cab and you get carpet. At least thats what mine did untill I put the hose on it.

Sounds like I need some hose, how long is yours?

Just now, dripley said:

A foot or so. Think I bought 2 feet and cut it to where i liked it. Its just clear tubing from Lowe's or whatever is near by. Nothing special. I forget the size but it is just slipped over the drain.

Alrighty, thanks man! Really appreciate the help. Aggravates the crap out of me cause I don't have a backup vehicle yet and I was supposed to go get rock with it today but its all torn apart drying because of something stupid.

I took my carpet out, power washed it and hung it on the fence to dry. I also ripped all the padding off of it. Then I sand blasted my floor and painted it 3 times. I also did put about a foot of hose on that nipple outside the cab and zip-tied it to my brake line.

Edited by Dieselfuture
Phone keeps changing my spelling
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I took my carpet out, power washed it and hung it on the fence to dry. I also raped all the padding off of it. Then I sandblasted my floor and painted it 3 times. I also did for about a foot a hose on that nipple outside the cab and zip-tied it to my brake line.

Did your front seats come out as one unit or individually? Also the padding you mentioned, is that the soundproof padding?

1 hour ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Did your front seats come out as one unit or individually? Also the padding you mentioned, is that the soundproof padding?

Mine came out separate, back seat just flips up. I think it's sound proofing stuff, it's thick and had all the moisture in it rotting away floor. I didn't notice much diference in sound, but that's just me.