• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Way to Dry Carpet INSIDE the Truck?

34 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Sound must have been toned down a little I suppose. Can't really say for sure because I didn't drive it to hear it before I torched it down

There is the confusing part for me is the torch down. I have used asphalt torch down where they take a torch and torch it down. The membrane roofing I am used to is heat welded at the seams with an electric heat gun and no torch. The part that is overlapped is mechanically attached to the roof deck. Same thing???

• Staff

The stuff we used last this summer you overlapped by 4 inches or whatever overlapped finished the work at the end. Had to make sure it had at least a 1/4'' of melted squish out at the edges or overlaps. that makes sure your getting the right temperatures and becomes fused.

1 hour ago, dripley said:

I dont think so but I guess it is possible if the drain clogged. The fan is not in the low spot like the drain is. It is about 3" higher. I had one loose on mine a few months back and never got any water in the floor.

Ok. I reached up under there and noticed that, didn't know if water got in there at any point or not. I'll keep searching. I found where the drain goes through the firewall after looking for about 5 seconds. I'll keep an eye out on it to see if its weeping water between the rubber part and the firewall.

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I'm thinking possible crack in that hose where it connects behind the firewall. How much water did you say you got out so far ?

Somewhere around 3-5 gallons if I had to guess. I have paper towels around the drain inside the cab to check for leaks today. Pretty much got the whole truck dried out now and no water so far.

Just now, TheGreatWhite said:

Ya it's on max AC to avoid it getting wet again, assuming that's the problem

AC on any setting will generate condensate. Your cab is not airtight. I can sit with mine running on max in the parking lot and still have a trail of water coming from it.

1 minute ago, dripley said:

AC on any setting will generate condensate. Your cab is not airtight. I can sit with mine running on max in the parking lot and still have a trail of water coming from it.

Oh ok that's good to know! I was told by my dad to keep it on there to reduce the water, but according to my paper towel I put around the drain at the firewall it isn't wet.... Soooooo I don't know where to go from there.

Recirculate will reduce it, yes. Eleminate it, no. As long as humidity gets in condensate will exist. How humid is it in Kansas? We are still at 90* and 80% out here in NC. Not to mention we will be soaking up a tropical storm for the next month. About sick of this heat.

Recirculate will reduce it, yes. Eleminate it, no. As long as humidity gets in condensate will exist. How humid is it in Kansas? We are still at 90* and 80% out here in NC. Not to mention we will be soaking up a tropical storm for the next month. About sick of this heat.

My weather app is saying 88* at 55% humidity. You guys get hit pretty bad by the storm?

My weather app is saying 88* at 55% humidity. You guys get hit pretty bad by the storm?

No. We were lucky. Got rain at home starting early Sunday am into Monday am and a little wind. That was in Hickory NC. The job is in Columbia SC and got about the same. The coast got hammered more with storm surge and some places got 30"+ of rain. Now they get to deal with all the inland rain that is coming to them in the rivers. So their storm is not over with yet. Suns shining and the rivers are over flowing.

No. We were lucky. Got rain at home starting early Sunday am into Monday am and a little wind. That was in Hickory NC. The job is in Columbia SC and got about the same. The coast got hammered more with storm surge and some places got 30"+ of rain. Now they get to deal with all the inland rain that is coming to them in the rivers. So their storm is not over with yet. Suns shining and the rivers are over flowing.

Glad to hear it!