• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

FYI... Recall

Guest 04Mach1

7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've been saying all along, Moog is no longer an American made product... I will not even suggest Moog parts.

It's many brands manufactured by Federal-Mogul.... Not only Moog. 

Screenshot_20180915-115022.png

That means Moog gets there stuff from the same factory as the rest of them.. Thats a bummer.. Doesnt necessarily mean that its a bad product but I wouldnt say its gonna be near as good as it was. A guy I work with here took a tour of an oil filter production factory when he used to run some aftermarket parts stores and said he wasnt allowed to take pictures because inside they had pallets of Frams, STP,s etc all ready to ship out of the same factory. He followed that up by saying they use different specs for the actual filters themselves. But how different could they actually be you know?

53 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That sucks I just bought NAPA tie rod ends not to long ago. 

I would of read the link but I'm on mobile today.

It looks like it only applies to the right tie rod end of the "T" style so you should be good.

Yeah. I like the way the truck steers with the T steering but now I have my regrets. I gotta see when the components on my steering were manufactured to see if the right tie rod falls under the recall.

Hope I'm not going too far off course, but

I read this article about a month ago, and was really surprised at the differences (or variances) in the ball joints that are sold as OEM replacements. No only in sizing, but also in the surface design.  Leads one to wonder if manufacturers take liberties with various other front end parts they advertise as "OEM replacement"

http://blog.genosgarage.com/wordpress1/2017/05/improve-your-knowledge-of-dodge-ram-ball-joints/

this definitely opened my eyes as to what ball joint to buy.

• Like 1

I did not know about the oversizing. I have MOOG in mine from 2011 or 12. Right 200k on them. They are pre federal mogul. I dont believe any of the high dollar lifetime warranty ball joints are made for the 00 to 02. I will probably have to do this one more time to my truck. This just makes it even more fun to choose.

Edited by dripley

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

All those people that jumped to upgrade from Y to T steering. 

Good thing I went with Mopar 

7 hours ago, Cowboy Doc said:

this definitely opened my eyes as to what ball joint to buy.

I got some original spicers from local Sadler power train place sitting on the shelf for when I need them, supposed to be what's on the truck now. Hopefully same quality too.

Edited by Dieselfuture

I've got the factory ones too. Its nice it comes complete and assembled all you gotta do is unbolt your stock one and let it fall out then bolt this one in. I did it in my driveway and measured out my alignment before and after and got it perfect somehow. Tires don't wear funny at all and its been about a year and a half. The only thing that didnt line up right was the steering stabilizer. They arent cheap but I get my discount so that helps.

• 2 weeks later...