• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash bessel removal

Found this.  Is there any tricks other than the video?  Do any of the clips or red clips thingys get ruined or need replacing after one removal or if you remove the bessel several different times will any of the clips or red holders get ruined and need to buy more or anything like that??

Notice in the vid the red clip holder to the right of the heater/AC knobs , it looks different. Is that one broken off?

Once I get the Bessel off,,,, My speedo area has a lot of dust in there behind the clear plastic.  Can the clear plastic be removed (screws) to clean all the dust out behind it and wash the clear plastic piece?

Edited by GSP7

That one came off easy at the top. Almost like clips were not holding. Each one of those red things is felt so it does not rattle. I remember @IBMobile warned to make sure they were there. Some of mine werd red and some were black. Thats got me thinking maybe what i sawas not felt. Maybe he can enlighten us.

The dpeefo is easily removed. 2 screws and it just unplugs from the dash and 4 screws for the clear cover. Might have that backwords. It is pretty obvious with the bezel out.

Getting the bezel off without breaking the dash or the bezel is the real trick.  My bezel is currently held on by 1 factory clip, a metal brace I made and a piece of gorilla tape. That lense comes off pretty easy when the bezel is out of the way.  When you get it off, hit with some mag/aluminum polish, that will help remove any light scratches.  I have used clear plastic polish before, but the aluminum stuff just seems to work better.  I'll use a half inch paint brush to dust around the needles on the cluster. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 015point9 said:

Can you apply something to keep dust down?

I live in the desert. If I move to where it rains all the time I bet that would keep the dust down

Thanks for the bezzel info replies

Edited by GSP7

• Staff
4 hours ago, dripley said:

Some of mine werd red and some were black. Thats got me thinking maybe what i sawas not felt.

Red, Black, it really doesn't matter.  May be they ran out of reds and put in the blacks.  The material they're made from isn't important so long as the bessel doesn't rattle or squeak.  I get  extra pads when I'm in the Pick A Part yards.  If you can't troll the junk yards, a gun cleaning patch or even a cut up old cotton T shirt would work.        

• Like 2

• Staff
1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

First you need to practice on someone else's truck, because when you actually go do it on your own , you'll feel like this guy

https://goo.gl/images/FR1ULN

I'll be right over..... I heard your holding dash bezel removal classes with yer truck:lmao:

GSP7, I heard that your not supposed to touch the gauge needles at all, so be careful.

Edited by JAG1

16 hours ago, GSP7 said:

Found this.  Is there any tricks other than the video?  Do any of the clips or red clips thingys get ruined or need replacing after one removal or if you remove the bessel several different times will any of the clips or red holders get ruined and need to buy more or anything like that??

Notice in the vid the red clip holder to the right of the heater/AC knobs , it looks different. Is that one broken off?

Once I get the Bessel off,,,, My speedo area has a lot of dust in there behind the clear plastic.  Can the clear plastic be removed (screws) to clean all the dust out behind it and wash the clear plastic piece?

What do us 98.5 guys do with the push pull type light switch???

46 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

GSP7, I heard that your not supposed to touch the gauge needles at all, so be careful.

I never had problems touching mine. They moved all over the place and returned to normal after starting the truck. My dpedo was pegged at 120 whrn i put it back in.

• Staff

I used to do a lot of ABS piping and found that the bezel is regular ABS plastic. So I also found that ABS glue works very very well on the bezel. It fuses right now when you make repairs using it.

Edited by JAG1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:47 AM, JAG1 said:

I used to do a lot of ABS piping and found that the bezel is regular ABS plastic. So I also found that ABS glue works very very well on the bezel. It fuses right now when you make repairs using it.

Man, that is great to know. Reduces a lot of time looking for a good plastic glue. I have used a couple of good 2 mix plastic glues. I looked at some ABS GLUES but didn't think it would work.