• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd Gen Front Brake Upgrade

Hope this is helpful for y'all. For anyone that has an 00-02 Cummins with dual piston calipers up front and is in the market for front brakes, the 3rd gen brake upgrade is highly recommended. Everything is a direct bolt on. All you need is 03-07 caliper brackets, pads and rotors.. And if you have rear disc, you can do 3rd gen brakes in the rear too. The picture of the pad comparison isn’t my picture(forgot to take one), but shows you how much more surface area there is. And then the 3rd gen rotors are about an 1”+ bigger in diameter. This also requires 17”+ wheels. I went with the Stage 3 EBC Rotor and Pad kit which has drilled and slotted rotors and their Type 7000 Green Performance pads. I am still currently going through the break-in period but let me tell you, huge difference in stopping power. It takes a lot less pedal pressure to slow down and also slows down much faster and easier.

IMG_3307.jpg

image1.jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

• Like 2

Yeap, not needed in golf cart pizza cutter applications :shifty: :stirthepot:

Edit 

OK since no one reacted to this I'm guessing nobody understood my joke. 

I myself also have 3rd gen brakes and I love them great idea. Where I was heading with my comment, is if you are running 245 stock tiers it's not as big of a deal, but 285 and up it really helps. I'm glad I did mine.

Edited by Dieselfuture

15 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Yeap, not needed in golf cart pizza cutter applications :shifty: :stirthepot:

Edit 

OK since no one reacted to this I'm guessing nobody understood my joke. 

I myself also have 3rd gen brakes and I love them great idea. Where I was heading with my comment, is if you are running 245 stock tiers it's not as big of a deal, but 285 and up it really helps. I'm glad I did mine.

I picked up on it but didn’t have chance to respond haha. But yea it’s not as big of deal like you said with smaller tires but it’s a free upgrade if you’re already in the market for brakes and also imo, it’s one of the most cost effective upgrades

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Interested in this thread and can't find a better one for brake upgrade questions.  2001 dually 6 SPD manual and second set of brakes at 100k miles.

90k miles of horse trailer or 5th wheel.  Need better brakes. Not buying new rim's. Truck is all stock except for fass pump. 

Best route?

I have a Banks vacuum operated. Pretty easy install but maybe not the best one out there. Worked trouble free for 6 years and then it wont open all the way. Have not been able to trouble shoot much. It did work fine up until then.

8 hours ago, Nutter said:

90k miles of horse trailer or 5th wheel.  Need better brakes. Not buying new rim's. Truck is all stock except for fass pump. 

Best route?

Eb best thing I ever did for mountain grades when pulling 9000 pounds of trailer.   When pulling trailer around the u.s. I noticed mechanics more familiar with pacbrake than what I have, which is BD brand.   

But neither eb is cheap though.