• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 won't regen 5500 2014 strip chassis

blush1313

• 2 months later...

I was having all kinds of regents issues.  Constant regenning, loss of power, no regeneration, etc...  I replaced all of the sensors in the exhaust and it works 100 times better now.  

I had a scanner and I could see all the sensors working but I changed them anyway and it really worked out.  BTW, no codes.

Guest 04Mach1
On 9/21/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

What error codes did you have? 

I'm pretty sure those sensors can be viewed on a live data tool and see if there functional. 

Probably had Low NOx Conversion Efficiency and possibly a Poor DEF quality fault. Both are usually caused by defunct outlet NOx sensors. In a few instances I've seen the wrong type of fluids like windshield washer fluid, water, and even fuel added to the DEF tank and cause these types of faults. Another common issue is what I call a DEF ball which is crystallized DEF that forms around the DEF doser in the mixer tube and prohibits DEF from entering the SCR. Exhaust gas temperature in the ATD need to be 500*F - 600*F for the NOx sensors to start reading and tend to be more accurate as the exhaust gases in the ATD approach around 1000*F. DEF quality or NOx conversion faults will cause engine derating like loss of power and speed. Usaully you will get a mild warning of just a simple warning light, if ignored for so many miles or hours the engine will derate to something like 50 mph, if continued to be ignored for somewhere around 75 miles the final warning is the famous (5 mph drive of shame) derate.

DEF / NOx related faults will not prohibit passive or parked regens though. What will prohibit regens is DPF faults. Things like faulty injectors, incorrect injection timing, incorrect cam timing, incorrect valve lash, faulty VGT turbo, faulty butterfly valve on the intake, boost leaks, EGR leaks, exhaust leaks, faulty ATD fuel doser, plugged DPF, cracked DOC, cracked DPF, or even faulty temperature sensors will cause Regen issues.

I recommend a quality scanner that gives real time data. Throwing parts at an ATD is expensive and usually very wasteful and why many truck owners have went bankrupt. Diagnose and replace only the parts showing bad with evidence from the data. I bet those 2 NOx sensors cost around $400 each and probably wasn't what was causing the Regen issue. Fault codes are a good starting point for diagnostic but sometimes the fault codes are totally unrelated to what the true problem is.

It was all fix 3000 dollar bill customer approved it and used his credit card over the phone and then wanted square reader to take the money back .he said he didnt approve charges . But I had pics of truck at my shop pic of my sign was in pic and his name on his truck and dot number. I ask why he was ask for money back and he told square he didnt approve use of his card the only why I got information was from him and couldn't prove if the same thing was wrong and I didnt fix it he just told him he didnt approve me to use his information on charge 

Guest 04Mach1
4 hours ago, blush1313 said:

4 hours ago, blush1313 said:

It was all fix 3000 dollar bill customer approved it and used his credit card over the phone and then wanted square reader to take the money back .he said he didnt approve charges . But I had pics of truck at my shop pic of my sign was in pic and his name on his truck and dot number. I ask why he was ask for money back and he told square he didnt approve use of his card the only why I got information was from him and couldn't prove if the same thing was wrong and I didnt fix it he just told him he didnt approve me to use his information on charge 

Ouch... Trick to CC over the phone is to require a signed credit card authorization form for the total amount to be billed to the credit card from the credit card owner along with a copy of the credit card front and back accompanied by a copy of the credit card owners state issued photo identification card to keep on file in case they dispute charges after the vehicle is released. It is against the law to ask for a driver's license unless you are law enforcement performing a traffic stop.

Edited by 04Mach1

Guest 04Mach1
17 hours ago, blush1313 said:

The driver sign the recite and I sent a email copy to him to they got up to 1year to dispute it 

Does the driver own the credit card? Drivers signature on the receipt won't hold up in court if charges are disputed with credit card company and you get screwed out of the repair bill. 

You need absolute proof the credit card owner gave permission to charge the card by having it in writing. Credit card owners signed credit card authorization form with the exact amount to be charged to the credit card with a copy of the the front and back of the credit card along with a copy of the credit card owners state issued photo identification will give the credit card owner little to dispute. 

Trust me this is not a new scam... Truck owners have been giving verbal over the phone permission to charge their credit card for years then turn around and dispute charges claiming stolen card or unauthorized charges resulting in shops performing free labor and giving away expensive parts. Get the permission in writing or the permission does not exist.