• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Low stall torque converter stalling engine

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 ex cab shortbed

auto, 24v, 4x4, Yukon 4.10 gears, 36” tires, 3in lift, DAP sac 7x.10 injectors, HX35 (turbo is next), quadzilla, 260k miles. 

Had my trans rebuilt by a local shop back in April that I’ve felt with for 10 plus years. They put a billet triple disc converter in that is lower stall. From the day I picked it up it stalls when put into either reverse or forward gear when 1st started. I brought it back this past week and re addressed the issue with them. They said they would take it out and send it back where they got it from to have them loosen it up and put to factory stall. Well it still stalls... I’ve read over the last few months that it’s the vp44 fuel idle circuit not being able to keep up with the quickly added load of the tight converter combined with the added volume of the 7x.10 injectors I put in. I bought the truck 1 year ago and it now has 260k miles so I have no idea of the vp44 history. It seems to run good other then the stalling and I had gotten used to it over the past few months but figured it would be fixed by raising the stall but no luck. now I’m not sure what the solution is. Is the vp44 just not able to support the bigger injectors and the tighter converter and it’s something I have to live with? I thought loosening the converter would solve the problem. It didn’t do it with the bigger injectors and stock converter.