• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel "The Dog" - Rest in Peace

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

With a heavy heart I sorry to inform those of you that had the pleasure of meeting "Diesel" he has been put to rest today. My 10-year-old truck buddy started degrading and having neurological issues and troubles even walking or standing up. He's no longer suffering. Diesel will never be forgotten. :cry:

Diesel 2008 to 2018 - We all Love You!

DSCF2506.JPG

DSCF5445-1.JPG

DSCF3376.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Sad 9

• Owner
29 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Best thing you can do is get another one, sooner the better. 

I wish I could. It wont be fair to new dog or puppy to be locked up 3 days a week in the garage. Now if MoparMom was doing home dialysis then sure I'd be looking for replacement. Sadly its not fair to a new pet to be locked up 3 days.

• Like 1

• Owner

One of my favorite times with Diesel. He always loved to get a good howl on when we traveled in the truck or vehicle. Like this video I was driving an 8 speed Frightliner that day and going be hauling hay. Diesel, later on, was able to howl with me as travel on the road. 

@Taz is in the background with a deer horn whistle...

• Like 1

• Owner

Truth is they are not just a pet or just a dog. They are a family member! They are part of your life and family. When they are gone it leaves a hole in your life. Just like this morning not having to do certain things anymore and not having Diesel push my bedroom door open when my alarm goes off. Things like this you miss... Seems simple but still part of your life. 

• Like 2

I never met your best friend Diesel and am sorry to hear the sad news of his departure. You gave him a great life that he enjoyed with you and family and friends. I believe he is in a better place. We have several pets in our house and love them all. Beautiful dog.

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

With a heavy heart I sorry to inform those of you that had the pleasure of meeting "Diesel" he has been put to rest today. My 10-year-old truck buddy started degrading and having neurological issues and troubles even walking or standing up. He's no longer suffering. Diesel will never be forgotten. :cry:

Diesel 2008 to 2018 - We all Love You!

DSCF2506.JPG

DSCF5445-1.JPG

DSCF3376.JPG

So sorry for your loss.  Happy you had such a wonderful friend indeed.  It's always too short, but still no less sweet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have lost four German Shepherd's over the years and it was always a gut wrenching experience. I have another that is now 4 years old and I am 65. If she goes I know it will be a real emotional thing again.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Owner

Like tonight I just BBQ'ed a nice 3-pound tri-tip. I was munching on my piece and cutting off the extra fat. It hit me again that what our pooch is for to enjoy the table scraps that we have on our plates. Man, it reminded me really quick he's gone as I'm tosing the few bit of fat in the trash. 

There was a trick I got "Diesel" to do was no matter what it was I could place a chunk of meat, fat, dog biscuit, etc. on the end of his nose and make him hold it there till I said go. He would flip it up in the air and catch it about 95% of the time.  One day I got smart to him. I bit a marshmallow in half so the sticky is exposed then stuck it to his nose.

• Owner
25 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

Mike,

Best thing to do is get a new puppy !

I wish I could but to leave a puppy locked up in a garage for 13 hours every other day isn't fair. Kind of hard to housebreak a puppy in the back seat of the truck. That was one of the things I enjoyed about Diesel he was a good travel dog. I've only had a few accidents with him but typically he would whine telling me time to get out. Yeah, I'd love to have a new puppy but my current lifestyle isn't fair to a new puppy.