• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Schrader Valve FP Test Port

• Staff

Vulcan performance no longer includes a FP test ports or Schrader valves with their big line kits and no longer wants to deal with customers as per our last fridays conversation with Eric. Even though Eric said he will make up an invoice for me to pay for one on pay pal...... he did not do it. I am very disappointed and the conversation we had was not like the good old days of dealing with him that started 10 years ago. In that time I have bought injectors, two big line kits, two lift pumps, draw straw, BHAF and an injection pump over the years. He obviously disappointed with dealing with the public, but still his word should be good as gold.

Does anyone know how where I can buy a schrader valve test port that I can Tee into my 1/2'' fuel line? Needs to be a barbed tee and a larger schrader not the size used for filling tires. Is it a schrader for testing Air conditioning?

Thank you in advance for any information

• Staff
11 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Google Schrader vale tank plug

Any fitting hydraulic store probably has them.  My ace hardware even has them.  Not with a/c fitting though.

Yes I went to a hydraulic hose guy and he did not have them.

I will try greed's two places. Thankin' you guys :thumb1:

51 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Yes I went to a hydraulic hose guy and he did not have them.

I will try greed's two places. Thankin' you guys :thumb1:

Milton industries I think is big name in fittings.  Sorry you couldnt get it.  If you get stuck another big play'r in fitting market is dixon valve.  

Edited by 015point9
Added info
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2018 at 12:06 AM, JAG1 said:

Vulcan performance no longer includes a FP test ports or Schrader valves with their big line kits and no longer wants to deal with customers as per our last fridays conversation with Eric. Even though Eric said he will make up an invoice for me to pay for one on pay pal...... he did not do it. I am very disappointed and the conversation we had was not like the good old days of dealing with him that started 10 years ago. In that time I have bought injectors, two big line kits, two lift pumps, draw straw, BHAF and an injection pump over the years. He obviously disappointed with dealing with the public, but still his word should be good as gold.

I find this rather surprising as I know Eric personally and he understands the importance of responding to his customers in a positive manner.  While I am not saying you did this I have been around his place enough to see some customers have unreasonable demands that he will not respond to the way they want.  I have seen/heard some of those conversations and I would NOT have been near as nice and gracious as he was.  I would urge anyone including yourself to not write him off as changing his business practices at this point as I don't think he would do that without very good reason.  That is my humble opinion for what it's worth.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:15 AM, greed said:

Diesel Manor and RiffRaff diesel have them. They are listed for a Ford pressure test port.

FYI: Last week Dave at Diesel Manor said the Schrader valve and cap would be back ordered for 5 weeks on my order.  They had the best price though.  Some outfits want around $10 for the valve and cap.  

It looks like RiffRaff and Diesel Manor get them from dieselOrings.com. I checked their site and they have them in stock, for $14.95. It looks like the one they show has some extra pieces. I forgot to get the part number. Maybe Amazon would have some. I got mine off Ebay. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't find any recently.

• Staff
16 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

Thank you for helping me come to some sense about Eric. He did not generate the invoice and got I bent out of shape. My rant is uncalled for being directed at such a long term nice guy. During my request for the test port he said that he was tired of dealing with overly demanding retail clients.  That it is compounded by a long term employee quitting that day, leaving him hanging. So it is my bad that I did not mention nor take into account this important fact. Eric deserves my sincere apology for the above post. I understand the gut wrenching moments in running a business...... it can affect your health. 

Eric, I forgive you and you still the best and hope you get everything back on track.  

Edited by JAG1

12 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I chatted on FB last night with Eric.  He not only had the employee quit he is in the process of moving so tough to keep things going.  He also mentioned he no longer can do retail sales as he has done in the past.  Apparently over the past few years retail purchases has become only about 10% of his business and now the new location he will not be able to do any without jumping through a lot of expensive hoops.  In short it becomes not worth it which is sad but seems to be the way successful business has to work now.  He basically is a manufacturer now.  Goerand is a prime example of that since they don't really build trannies inhouse anymore from what I understand.  I think you can still buy online from him but at this point he is mainly doing it all.  If I didn't have so many irons in the fire myself (health wise) I would probably offer to do some fill in which I did once before.

He did say he made the invoice you requested so not sure why it didn't get to you. Copy here.

Money Request Sent

September 21, 2018 at 6:58:36 PM PDT

Status PENDING

Amount

$25.99 USD

Note

Schrader 9. 99, PLT8 12. 00, shipping 4. 00

Request To

mjgelien@

There is his invoice

Hope this helpful for all.

RR