• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla iQuad - no mph

SavageTusk

I just finished installing my 4" Turbo back exhaust on the new truck today.  When I was done, I went for a spin and noticed I have no mph being displayed on the Quadzilla.  I didn't check it before so don't know if this is the issue or not.  Speedo is fine on the truck, what am I missing? 

42 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

look at the quad display it will show you what the ecm is reporting.   IF it is reporting 0 psi at idle then the sensor is likely shot. 

It reports 0 at idle.  Normal when driving.

Edited by SavageTusk

I made new grounds and terminal lugs today while I fixed the ground Reference for the VP44,ECM,PCM,PDC

Another oddity to throw in besides the codes,1693, 0237, 0501, 0522 & 0573 sometimes the coolant will display on the Quadzilla as -40*:clap: 

So the issues are:

-Erratic behavior on Oil pressure & coolant

-No MPH

Question.  I have another '99 outside, if this is a ecu problem could I plug that one on this truck? :shrug:

Edited by SavageTusk
Correction

Well it seems like this is an issue with the ECM,  I tested it in my other 99 dodge I'm getting ready to sell and it immediately ran TERRIBLY.  I'm talking with Bob Wagner over at Smarty and it looks like at one time had a Van Aaken or edge box added to the truck via the ECM port.  I'm trying to get this repaired/reflashed.  Hopefully I can put this to bed soon.

Does anyone else have experience with flashing ECMs (Updating VIN, flashing software to the eeprom)?

On 9/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, Me78569 said:

look at the quad display it will show you what the ecm is reporting.   IF it is reporting 0 psi at idle then the sensor is likely shot. 

Not entirely correct:

99 RAM CUMMINS is reporting 0 psi @ IDLE, There was software update on Cummins diesel ECU Between 2000 - 2001.5 which shows true atmospheric pressure 14.70 pounds per square inch @ sea level.

my 2¢...