• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Preferred vendor for diesel parts...

Bobalos

Does anyone have a preferred vendor for diesel parts?  

I need to buy a new lift pump & a pick up tube kit & would like to talk with someone that

A: could find a fuel tank in the dark with both hands.

B: has an online store that has good prices.  

I have bought from Geno's, Alligator & some other online place before & not had a bad experience, just figured I would ask if anyone has a place that they love....

thanks

Bob

1 hour ago, Bobalos said:

Does anyone have a preferred vendor for diesel parts?  

I need to buy a new lift pump & a pick up tube kit & would like to talk with someone that

A: could find a fuel tank in the dark with both hands.

B: has an online store that has good prices.  

I have bought from Geno's, Alligator & some other online place before & not had a bad experience, just figured I would ask if anyone has a place that they love....

thanks

Bob

Bob,

We stock the parts you are looking for here and if you call in we have sales guys that all drive diesels.  Shipping to California is 2 days for most items and shipping is free for most orders.  Happy to help a fellow forum member.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike,  I will give them a call.

BTW, I lied about DAP, I have used them before.  I bought a set of Bosch New Injector RV275 Marine 300 40HP - 0432193635 from them & when I went to return the cores they told me that they would only give me $60 for them, not the full core value (Mind you it was a year later, none the less, the way it was handled was unacceptable to me).  That pissed me off, so I wont be going back to them.  

thanks again folks,

Bob

Many shops do 1/2 credit or no credit after 30 or 60 days.  We often extend full credit on cores to 6 months on request.  A year is a long time.  Some  methods of payment will not even allow us to refund orders that old electronically.  Sorry we did not meet your expectations. 

Edited by dieselautopower

I had not intended in getting into a debate of this or turning it into a bashing session, but as you brought it up.............  

When I contacted DAP, the injectors were still good cores.  the value of cores is based on what the market can supply to builders.  

DAP STILL thinks that they are worth $100.  regardless of if I bought them 30 minutes ago, 30 days ago or 30 months ago, they are still worth $100.  To make an excuse that "our system wont allow us to return the Core Deposit after X amount of days is ridiculous".  that simply means you dont care enough to make it happen.  

to say "Many shops do 1/2 credit or no credit after 30 or 60 days.  We often extend full credit on cores to 6 months on request."  Maybe the policy on the return window for cores should be stated somewhere.......... I just put the same set of injectors into my cart & nowhere did it say I had to return the cores w/in X number of days.  

What really chaps my *** is that both of the above excuses are just that, excuses.  knowing I paid $100 for the deposit & to offer me $60 is simply ripping me off.  What is says to me is that "Im making up an excuse to take $40 from you".  because A, clearly the deposit CAN be returned to me or it would not have been offered & B, your website states that the value of a set of Cores is still $100, but........ Im not going to give you that, Im going to give you $60.  

And no I dont think you are sorry, or you would have contacted me directly instead of making excuses.  

Mike, this is NOT the direction I wanted this to go.  I hope you can understand my position.  

Bob

image.png.41c309c4a1c3cb70a9bfcf18ae2a1260.png

1 hour ago, dieselautopower said:

Many shops do 1/2 credit or no credit after 30 or 60 days.  We often extend full credit on cores to 6 months on request.  A year is a long time.  Some  methods of payment will not even allow us to refund orders that old electronically.  Sorry we did not meet your expectations. 

DAP,

Thanks, but no thanks. based on the way you (whoever you are) handled this (& the emails I have received recently) .......  I will stand by my statement & take my money elsewhere.  

You are who you are, when no-one is looking..........

Bob

• Staff

No matter whats been done... let the past be done and gone.

It is right and proper to always give a guy a second chance because we are all made in this way that we be given the chance to show good character toward each other. 

Furthermore, running a business today can be so difficult. I'm thankful businesses can hang in there the way they do, but You guys that never been in biz will never know the real burden it can be.

37 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

No matter whats been done... let the past be done and gone.

It is right and proper to always give a guy a second chance because we are all made in this way that we be given the chance to show good character toward each other. 

Furthermore, running a business today can be so difficult. I'm thankful businesses can hang in there the way they do, but You guys that never been in biz will never know the real burden it can be.

I cannot agree with this more. I ran a septic company for a year doing repairs and installations and I understand customers are necessary but come on people some of the things you hear and are told by customers is just unreal. And working in the dealership environment like I am now you wouldnt believe the stuff thats been said to me just because im trying to do my job. The way i see it, if a customer comes in and is willing to work with me then im willing to work with them. But when a customer comes in and just demand demand demand and nothing is right well then its not worth my time to help these people. I still do my best no matter what but its just unreal sometimes.

• Like 1