• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dash cover

I pulled my dash to get the old cover off, drop pieces on the floor they shatter like glass,want to order an new one, this looks like a nightmare, dash is down ( not fully detached) but there is several screws that looks like hold down the cover way up under the backside by vents,etc   Is this the nightmare I envision?  

There are some screws that attach the vents to it. They are time consuming but not really difficult. I have done a few of them for family members 2nd gens. I have only used LMC color, fit and finish was great. :2cents:

Just now, Blueox01 said:

How skinny I have to be? The shrinking man?   Just kidding.

Maybe. I passed the skinny part a long time ago. As I remember I still had the hvac box out to. Not much space on drivers side anyway. 

I think a well trained 2 year old would fit.

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I had my dash out before to glue it back together and it wasn't that hard getting it out just few screws I couldn't see and I never put them back ether, been fine without hard to reach screws. Just take your time and try different angles. 

At $300 for the new one I did not want to take the chance of me being the cause of it failing. All of mine were re installed.

Mine are all snugged tight. I did buy the washers for the attachments at the windshield. Dont know if that is helping, but for an extra 25 bucks I did not care. As I remember my cracks did all originate from a connection point. But I have slept a few times since then and I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

I'm still thinking about gluing some type of vinyl over my dash to keep it all together and from farther cracking.  

I've been messing with a cracked abs grill myself.   Can't remember where but looking for ideas to fix mine , I found some people are making abs paste to fix whatever they need fixed.  Some cut up some abs and use fillings like someone would use wood putty to make stronger.  Seems to be easy to do.  Of course those that fail probably dont put on some web site.  Just throwing it out there.  Never done it myself.  My cracked grill is going to get neoprene well nuts first and hope it works.

4 hours ago, dripley said:

Maybe. I passed the skinny part a long time ago. As I remember I still had the hvac box out to. Not much space on drivers side anyway. 

I'm to old too have a 2yr old, anyone have one for rent?

• Haha 2

• Staff
5 hours ago, dripley said:

Is that a competent potty trained 2 year old?

1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

I've been messing with a cracked abs grill myself.  

I made a glue/filler out of broken pieces from an old trailer AC cover that was melted in a jar of acetone.  I used this to fix a small crack in the front cover of the 5th wheel. It worked good.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I need a new heater core but I don’t wanna install it! Haha. At least I’m skinny. My dash is cracked but not busted out. I’ll problably glue it back together and grab a Ultimat dash may from Geno’s to cover up. 

While it is not necessarily the most fun thing do, it is not difficult at all. I used @Mopar1973Man's article for the job. It you go in that deep do the evaporator too. Might find you some more side work

7 minutes ago, dripley said:

While it is not necessarily the most fun thing do, it is not difficult at all. I used @Mopar1973Man's article for the job. It you go in that deep do the evaporator too. Might find you some more side work

I wouldn’t mind catching a side job like that. It’s something that you can charge a good wage for.

Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

I wouldn’t mind catching a side job like that. It’s something that you can charge a good wage for.

A good many years back while having my AC checked for leaks the shop quoted me $900 to replace the evaporator. Thats when I decided to do it myself.