• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On 10/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Replace the lift pump. Not the overflow valve.

A good FASS, AirDog or Fuel Boss would be the best solution.

Ok. I have a fass ddpr. My gage only goes to 15 going to put a new one on that goes to 30. But I was watching it last night and going down the road about 60 it stay at about 12 to 14. Now saying all of that. I have not put on a big holes kit. Plus I have a filter that it goes thru before it goes o the lift pump plus i have it going thru the stock fuel filter before it goes to the vp44. Do i have it going thru to many filters is way the psi is not staying up in the 14 to 18 range?

Just  Wondering. Or is because I have not got a big holes kit on it????

????

Mine goes thru a prefilter then the primary filter on the AD. It then goes thru the stock filter. I still stay between 14 to 20psi. I assume your pump is a DDRP which may not be capable of keep that pressure thru those filters I just dont know. If you are still just using the stock fuel lines that is a choke point. They are just small lines. If you are going to remain completely stock, you could get away with it. But if you go beyond stock it is not a good set up. 

By big holes kit I assume you mean a big LINE kit. The only thing something like that is going to help is with a better lift pump system. and bigger lines all they way  thru the system. Mine are 1/2" all the way as many of us have here.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Doesn't mean you got a good VP44. There is a lot of rebuilders out there and some don't have the Bosch 815 test stand to properly bench test and calibrate the PSG module on the VP44. Certified rebuilders are suppose to replace the PSG and then calibrate the PSG on the test stand for 3 hours and then the new PSG is flash with new code.

Now the other rebuilders fly by night and just replace the worn parts internally and reuse the old PSG. This is why you have P1688 code because the PSG is damaged and was not replaced most likely. At this point in time, your pump is dead and requires replacement. The P1688 is a death code and this is a warranty issue for sure.

Like I know Diesel Auto Power sells certified Bosch pumps from both Midwest Injection and Industrial Injection.

Mike, do you know if DAP is still a good source for a VP44? Thanks Joe  a.k.a. Leaky