• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Powder Coating Wheels

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

No but third gen alloys look awesome on our trucks! 

242F61EF-9B0B-4CB3-9C83-310F275B09DA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

No but third gen alloys look awesome on our trucks! 

242F61EF-9B0B-4CB3-9C83-310F275B09DA.jpeg

My truck has a couple extra wheels

I can get all 7 blasted/powder coated for around $300

• Haha 1

• Owner
2 hours ago, Macarena Man said:

Just curious . . .

Wondering why the fascination with 17 - 18 - 20" plus wheels ?

The OEM 16" seem to work well . . . 

The only reason I can see jumping to 17-inch is for the 3rd Gen oversized brakes. But if your using the 245's like I'm running you have better final gear ratio and better braking than upgrading to 17-inch wheels and oversized sizes. I jumped back to the 2nd Gen steel chrome wheels (16 x 6) which happen to be 1 inch narrower than the aluminum wheels (16 x 7). Most people look for the cool factor and go oversized. I stuck to the performance and calculation of gear ratio and torque output. Now I actually hunt for the big jacked up 37" tires because I can whip them with no problem. Done it more than once. Funny when a small tire stock height 2nd Gen whips a 4th Gen jacked up on 35" inch tires. :burnout2:

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, Blueox01 said:

Anyone ever have their factory wheels powder coated?

I never powder coated the wheels on these trucks but I did about 20 years ago on an older 4wd I have.  I took the American Racing Outlaws and had a shop bead blast the clear coat off and then powder coat them white.  They looked amazing...  Back then it only cost me a couple hundred bucks too.  I have no idea if I could get someone to do all that today for that kinda money.

7 hours ago, KATOOM said:

I never powder coated the wheels on these trucks but I did about 20 years ago on an older 4wd I have.  I took the American Racing Outlaws and had a shop bead blast the clear coat off and then powder coat them white.  They looked amazing...  Back then it only cost me a couple hundred bucks too.  I have no idea if I could get someone to do all that today for that kinda money.

The guy I found to do it about $400 for all them. Gunmetal Gray

56 minutes ago, Blueox01 said:

The guy I found to do it about $400 for all them. Gunmetal Gray

That's pretty pricey.  There's not much competition where I am either so it wasn't a situation where a single business can charge whatever they want.