• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Shift kit install and other parts any tips

Hi everyone 

Ive got a list of parts im installing when they arrive from over the pond. 

The parts ive ordered are: 

Shift kit tfod

Rear band anchor

Front band anchor

Band strut

Superhold billet servo piston

Billet accumulator piston kit

GM solenoid upgrade kit including transducer.

Any tips on the install mainly the shift kit 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Hopefully Jon with Dynamic transmission will chime in. It very wise to get advice from him before diving into it. You might have to wait till monday and give him a call. :thumb1:

Damn i would have ordered through him if i knew there was dedicated trans guys on here ? thanks ive been doing alot of reading up and any trans guys over here havent worked on 47re abd all seem nervous so i dont trust anyone else to do it other than myself lol

• Like 1

I havent done any shift kits but I had my friend at a trans shop build mine for me when it blew. He was saying with the shift kit to just go nice and slow take your time and double triple check everything. He also told me not to mess with line pressure (i thought it would be a good idea to turn mine up not long before it went out) he got it reset based on the shift kit instructions. He also made me take out my lock up switch for the torque converter, he told me he wouldnt give me the warranty unless it was disconnected so i cut the wire out. 

Im not sure how far into this your going but depending on how many miles etc etc you may have more work to do inside than you anticipate. My torque converter was seized completely. EVERYONE was telling me to throw another converter at it and i'll be fine. I had a feeling that was wrong and brought it to my buddy just to inspect the rest of it. Well the rest of it was toast too. Drums had grooves, bands were worn down to the rivets, clutches were overheated and worn out and you could see the hot spots on the steels. That was before 140k miles and no power mods other than the previous owner put a superchips on it which the super chips maxed out was equivilent to probably level 3 on the edge so were not talking a huge gain in power here either just a little bit.

The craziest thing was that he was telling me that i had to have some slipping going on. He said with the amount of wear and just how bad everything was he said it would have been slipping real bad and it never slipped on me once it was solid as can be.

Im glad i was skeptical of chrysler techs that had been building transmissions for 30 years and didnt just throw a torque converter at it I would have had to buy two plus a rebuild after that one failed with all the metal shavings and junk that was in there.

Edited by 2000Ram2500
  • Thanks 1

• Owner
23 hours ago, Ronniemx3 said:

Damn i would have ordered through him if i knew there was dedicated trans guys on here ? thanks ive been doing alot of reading up and any trans guys over here havent worked on 47re abd all seem nervous so i dont trust anyone else to do it other than myself lol

Might want to take a peek... He's even got his own forum.

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/173-dynamic-transmissions/