• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
Macarena Man

2-way radio . . .

What are you folks using for your mobile 2-way radios ?

Usage for logging road travel . . .

Anything that you've found good or bad.

Thoughts ?

ps. hoping that this is posted in the right forum. Please move if it isn't.

I use a CB. I know they are unpopular, but I like the weather radio channel and latest news on the highway from the truckers. Watch out for this or that kind of warnings ahead.

If we ever had the cell towers wiped out its good to have something to fall back on anyway.

I use to be a big fan of CB's back in the day. Out here there is so little CB usage the airwaves are silent most times. I've got a few old school handheld CB's but quit carry them because of lack of response. Most truckers use cellphones out here. As the locals use to call the CB radio (CowBoy Radio) was a good method of communication for the local ranchers in the area. The range was typically limited because of the canyon though. 

What is popular out here is HAM Radio but I don't have a HAM license. There are HAM operators all over the place out here and they have the power to transmit out of this canyon very easily. But this is not a cheap solution nor an easy solution for most people. If you interested I would get ahold of @W-T he's big in HAM radio. 

Sign in to follow this