• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla and Gauges

Brianh

So I went ahead and put a gauge pod earlier this year with the fuel pressure, boost, tranny temp, and EGT. After thinking about putting a Quadzilla in I am wondering if putting the gauges in was a good thing, as the quadzilla has all of those and it would be redundant. Am I correct on this? 

they can be used in different ways. 

The quad is going to show you a lot of things the ecm is seeing.  This is something the gauge pods can't do, IE IAT temp sensor is reading way hotter than it should or boost sensor is reading way lower or higher than it should.

so yes and no.

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

they can be used in different ways. 

The quad is going to show you a lot of things the ecm is seeing.  This is something the gauge pods can't do, IE IAT temp sensor is reading way hotter than it should or boost sensor is reading way lower or higher than it should.

so yes and no.

So did everyone add another complete set of EGT monitor, and tranny temp monitor probes? 

• Owner

I like running the Quadzilla headless.

Have a new friend jump in the truck that doesn't know about the Quadzilla and let it rock and roll and they are shocked at the power the truck produces without a visible tune seen in the cab. Not to mention the fact if you use you daily cellphone as your display none the wiser when you pull your cell phone out of the truck. People look at my truck and figure its just stock, small tires, blah... Not much of a target being there is no flash to my truck. 

I've got ISSPro EV2 gauges with programmable warning lights. I've got my EGT gauge set for warning light at 1,200*F. Then my Fuel pressure gauge has the warning light set for 13 PSI. Then my boost gauge is 40 PSI warning light. Really nice because now you don't have to look at the gauge directly just the level at which the light comes on is enough to warn me. From top to bottom is Boost, fuel pressure and Pyrometer. If the lowest light pops on I know it time to lift my foot and grab a gear down. No need to eagle eye the gauges anymore.

I also run two sets. The pillar pod has basic boost, egt, and fuel pressure, so I don’t use the quadzilla to monitor those at all. Only exception to that is I have two egt probes installed so I can still use the turbo timer. 

Occasionally I will compare the analog reading to the quadzilla for accuracy reasons, but usually I use the quad for the more specialized gauges. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trreed said:

I also run two sets. The pillar pod has basic boost, egt, and fuel pressure, so I don’t use the quadzilla to monitor those at all. Only exception to that is I have two egt probes installed so I can still use the turbo timer. 

Occasionally I will compare the analog reading to the quadzilla for accuracy reasons, but usually I use the quad for the more specialized gauges. 

That sounds like the way I will go then also. The turbo timer is pretty cool so I will definitely put in the other EGT probe. 

Thanks for the info.

• Owner

Both probes in the 4, 5, 6 tube. 

Image result for mopar1973man quadzilla exhaust manifold

I've got my EGT cooldown set for 300*F and it shocks most diesel owners to see the truck shut off by itsefl. I've had people chase me down to tell me my truck did shut off. Just about the time they do that the truck shut down. Then they stand there saying I own a 2nd gen also but it won't do that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1