• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 cummins best programmer

Ole GOAT

• Owner

The funny part is if you talk to a VP44 rebuilder they claim the wiretap put undue strain on the pump. Which to this day no one could ever prove it just used as a way to prevent wiretapping before warranty. With all the HP junkies out there and all the tapped tuners on the market there has never been a pump failure due to wiretapping. Maybe from shorting wires out... But never from a tuner aspect that I've heard off. You now got vendors like DAP that sell pumps at an increased price with wiretap warranties.

Thousands of tapped VP44 can't be wrong.

Like in the past a lot of pump vendors use to use the "blown diaphragm" claim to why a pump warranty was voided. Now since my article on the truth that it a "steel plate" seems that cliche' finally died with the truth.

DSCF6190.JPG

Meh I could see how wiretap could burn up a fueling solenoid due to extra heat build up in the solenoid wiring.   

I dont think it is a major reason for failure though.  timing piston failure is a MUCH bigger issue.  10:1 if I look through the posts