• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best batteries for our trucks

9 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It should look nice and clean...

DSCF4488.JPG

Yeah there is nothing on the alternator charge stud because the W-T ground wire mod has been done. This can become a 140A protected stud now too.

DSCF4489.JPG

I agree with pos to pdc lug.  Where is your neg side hooked to?

Mind not looking to good, clean wise.

20181017_141230.jpg

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

It should look nice and clean...

DSCF4488.JPG

Yeah there is nothing on the alternator charge stud because the W-T ground wire mod has been done. This can become a 140A protected stud now too.

DSCF4489.JPG

Until I did wt's ground mod my batterys alway were a tad moist on top as in the pics. Since then they have remained dry as a bone. And the only thing on my terminals is a touch of rust on the bolt heads.

20181017_190600.jpg.c7999a8dee8661ee84351dbddba80f28.jpg

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Walmart 810 CCA. Same manufacture as the OEM batteries. There is only a handful of companies that make batteries. Brand name is meaningless being most common names are made from like Johnson Controls, Exide Battery, etc. 

Like the batteries powering my house will typically go 15 years. Yeah, I'm on a solar / hydro power system. I understand batteries really well and don't need high priced batteries or name brands. 

Image result for mopar1973man solar battery

What a set up MoparMan, I'm trying to find out what the CCA is for my 98 12v and 99 24v, just bought 2 new batteries from Advance Auto 4 months ago, some where around $380.00. I was looking online and some are saying 1025 CCA, that's kind of high isn't it?     Don't know anyone as smart as you, walking Encyclopedia 

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

OEM batteries were 750 CCA for 2nd Gen. Being there is two batteries its actually 1,500 CCA.

The only one that is different is 1st Gen trucks with group 31 batteries and typically 1,200 CCA

I’m gonna keeprunningmmybbatterys and see what happens as it gets even colder and than I’m going to ****** up those Everstarts from Walmart. 

Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m gonna keeprunningmmybbatterys and see what happens as it gets even colder and than I’m going to ****** up those Everstarts from Walmart. 

Holy cow the filter on the site is sensitive! I’m going to pick up those Everstarts....

• Owner
Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

It’s a good thing Mike. It keeps the site clean. Not that theyrenis many here that would clutter it up with that stuff though. 

Actually, it keeps the SEO strong. Foul language tends to destroy the SEO power of the site. If you're wondering what SEO it is Search Engine Optimations.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually, it keeps the SEO strong. Foul language tends to destroy the SEO power of the site. If you're wondering what SEO it is Search Engine Optimations.

That’s interesting. Well it is doing it’s job! Although I didn’t mean the word I used  in a negative way lol. 

Edited by Marcus2000monster

I had a Kirkland Signature in a 95 F150 it was 2 years old when i bought the truck and it survived 5 years of intense offroading. Jumping, whoops thru the desert some crawling etc. I think a plate must have broken because it was beyond dead by the time i realized it.

This truck i have now had 2 optima yellow tops in it when i bought it they were 5 years old and they're about 7 or 8 years old now. Hoping they last a while i dont wanna have to buy 2 yellow tops any time soon.

I was told optimas quality went down the drain when they started making them in mexico but i have no information on that it was just told to me a few years ago

Edited by 2000Ram2500
  • Like 1

• Staff

Talking about which batteries can be like talking about which is the best beer. So many opinions and options.

My vote is for those requiring maintenance and distilled water. They go ten yrs if properly taken care of when they are paralleled and less likely to get drained down. I like the abilty to replenish the electrolyte after de sulfation phase.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, JAG1 said:

Talking about which batteries can be like talking about which is the best beer. So many opinions and options.

My vote is for those requiring maintenance and distilled water. They go ten yrs if properly taken care of when they are paralleled and less likely to get drained down. I like the abilty to replenish the electrolyte after de sulfation phase.

Me I run 2 Walmart Everstarts for now. I am not that brand loyal on batteries. About 5 good years is good for me. Maybe a little more. 10 would be nice but never done it personally.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Mine get 6 hours off charge time every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with my 250 mile trip.

Now those who live in town barely drive 3 to 7 miles to work are not doing the batteries any good. Now in the cold batteries resist being charged this is why the charge voltage jobs to 14.8 or so to force the batteries to warm up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Mine get 6 hours off charge time every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with my 250 mile trip.

Now those who live in town barely drive 3 to 7 miles to work are not doing the batteries any good. Now in the cold batteries resist being charged this is why the charge voltage jobs to 14.8 or so to force the batteries to warm up.

I am short tripping for now. 175 miles on Mondays and Fridays with short trips in between. When my jobs to far to drive home I see alot short tripping. That has not been the case for the past 3 years though. 

• Like 1