• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best batteries for our trucks

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I got Walmart batteries not long ago and they were around 80 bucks a piece, you sure you're looking at the right group 27 is what I believe I got. Unless they went up in price recently like everything else.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-Maxx-Lead-Acid-Automotive-Battery-Group-Size-27-12-Volt-810-CCA/28275658

Yeah, that price doesn’t include the core.  Nor does the Costco price.   

Manufacturing is down across the board.   Tried buying tools lately?   Almost everything I’ve tried finding is ‘out of stock’.  Building material prices are off the charts.  Manufacturing has been throttled into near non-existence over the last year, and what’s left is hugely expensive and/or from China.   Laws of supply and demand.   Demand is currently high, supplies are low, so prices are high.   

Tough for me to sit on the sidelines waiting for stock to go back up and prices to come down when I need the batteries now.    Any other opinions on Costco’s Interstate batteries?

• Staff

My right battery died 2 weeks ago.   Went to Walmart to see their price; $120  plus core.  Went to the in town battery shop; wholesale $87.75.  Went to my friends battery shop;  $85.   I got two new $85 batteries; I traded him repacking some wheel bearings for them.

• Like 3

• Staff
7 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

They must have jacked up the price :think: or I got lucky

There was also a core charge when you bring old batteries back you get some money back 

I'm seeing some prices in the discount stores higher than elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I got Walmart batteries not long ago and they were around 80 bucks a piece, you sure you're looking at the right group 27 is what I believe I got. Unless they went up in price recently like everything else.

2 wal mart batteries here as well for about 100 bucks each.. Had them for a couple years and they work just fine. Group 27.

Everythig else is higher it seems these days until we get back to some semblance of normal.

• Staff

I don't think they want normal, but I do know by shopping around you can find  few stores really taking advantage of people with this political pandemic.

UH OH, now me in trouble........:clap: 

• Haha 1