04Mach1

Started another inframe today

How do you not split the small 12 point socket? I really dislike big bolts with small heads. 

15 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

How do you not split the small 12 point socket? I really dislike big bolts with small heads. 

I used a 3/4" drive 3/4" 12 point Snap-on impact socket. It's a pretty durable socket. Then when the bolts laughed at my Aircat 3/4 impact I used a Carlyle 1" drive to 3/4" drive adapter with my IR 1" impact and 4 out of the 26 head bolts laughed at the 1” impact. I then dug out my Proto 18.5:1 torque multiplier and managed to break the remaining 4 bolts loose.

For those who work on heavy equipment I definitely recommend a good torque multiplier. My Proto 6232 torque multiplier cost me $1900 but has saved me many woes with obnoxiously tight or siezed fasteners.

http://www.protoindustrial.com/en/industrial-tools/Proto/Precision-Torque-Tools/Torque-Multipliers/600fcaaf-5cc5-4579-8d41-9d9a9d242446_Proto®-Torque-Multipliers-3200-Ft-Lbs/

This is the 3/4 drive 12 point impact socket set I have. Seems 3/4", 7/8", and 15/16" are about the only sizes I use out of the set since they are the only ones that show signs of use.

https://store.snapon.com/164-Shallow-12-Point-inches-17-pc-3-4-Drive-12-Point-SAE-Flank-Drive-reg-Shallow-Impact-Socket-Set-nbsp-3-4-ndash-1-3-4--P738174.aspx

Edited by 04Mach1

I just can't catch a break. Waiting on parts for both in-frames I have going and I thought it was going to be F--- Off Friday. Anyway had a local oil company bring in their 2006 KW T300 with a Cat C7 for a simple thermostat change due to running hot. I drained the coolant and found a lot of fuel in the coolant. Customer wanted inspection to find source of fuel getting into coolant. Pulled injectors and found all 6 injector cups leaking with cooling system under pressure. C7's are mf'ers to get the injector cups popped out of the head. Took me 5 hours just to get injector cups out.

rU389ua.jpg

do0rMek.jpg

1AgzDiQ.jpg

esBePr1.jpg

XeNtJ0p.jpg

6h89sSb.jpg

what local oil company? i use bradco in holbrook, they ahev some great deal on oil. and free delivery to Flagstaff on Tuesdays.

8 minutes ago, Killer223 said:

what local oil company? i use bradco in holbrook, they ahev some great deal on oil. and free delivery to Flagstaff on Tuesdays.

Carver Oil in Milan, NM. He mostly deals in Phillips 66.

I enjoy seeing your work. Nice to have someone with your heavy equipment type knowledge on this site. Learned a few things already. 

• Like 1

Finished getting another 6NZ Cat back together together. It had cylinder 3 intake rocker fail and badly damaged the cam. This one has 2.5 million miles on the block and 1.5 million miles since the last inframe. Cam and rocker were originals to the engine so 2.5 million miles on them.

715YdBP.jpg

qXV5AMZ.jpg

I forgot to get a picture of the rocker.

• Like 2