• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Pcm issue

Jcreswell54

Ok I have a 2006 2500 4x4 slt diesel 5.9L

i just replace motor and transmission for about three days it ran great but then as I am driving my mileage and shift indicator (PRND21) start to flicker my a/c compressor light button flickers on and off which the a/c was off at the time.  Then my brake light abs and check engine lights turn on for a few seconds then everything goes blank and motor shuts off. I do have an air dog on the truck and a bully dog programmer. I found that I have a wire shorted out. It is a ground wire from pcm from the pcm it is three black wires then it turns into one black wire I have looked at other trucks with same yr and they have it either to the battery or grounded to truck. The wire has 12 volts on it and it pops the pcm cartridge fuse PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Fixing to grab a bunch of tannerite and fix it

Edited by Jcreswell54
Mess up

Guest 04Mach1

A code scan to retrieve faults will be the best start to diagnostics. I'm betting you are experiencing issues with the CAN-BUS. The TIPM (Total Integrated Power Module) is the central gateway for the CAN-BUS and I'm betting that is where your CAN-BUS issues are since multiple systems are malfunctioning. Good quality TIPM's are expensive so I wouldn't just throw parts at it. I recommend that if you don't have the proper diagnostic equipment and access proper testing procedures to seek a professional like a dealership or reputable shop.

Edited by 04Mach1