• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Ram 2500 complete interior restoration

9 hours ago, Cronus577 said:

I know, Luckily there's a fix!. I'll probably buy one after I move to Texas to keep everything in the HVAC box clean. I don't really care for how they look so I might use some free time to make a mold of the stock cover and make a whole cowl that can use a filter so it looks completely stock. 

I just glued some door screen on 20180812_113729.jpg.03366ddf2031fbf66b016bf5da1f46d6.jpg

I lost tabs and chunks out of mine. The last time I took it out I lost a chunk while holding it in my hand. Just standing there and it hit the ground with me still holding onto the piece that was in my hand. I think once they get to the point of cracking they are not worth saving. It sucked paying 200 bucks for a new one but mine was shot. 

Heard that man, I was able to save mine with some clips from the salvage yard and silicone then I got an abs bezel cap (eBay) works pretty slick though.  If I had to buy a new one and it wasn't abs plastic, I'd silicone every single clip just to be on the safe side, plus it's easy.

When mine first starting and a piece broke off I taped on and smeared silicone all over the back of it, let it set and then pulledmthe tape off. That held until I replaced it. Imalso smeared silicone all over the back where ever it was cracked. All that stayed together. It was the new cracks that formed and a couple pieces that fell off that finally condemed mine. This new sure is pretty though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, portlandareae28 said:

What did you use for dye?  My truck has a few spots that could benefit from this I believe.

I used detail Kings smoke grey carpet dye. I was going to use Rit but read that it will rub off but can't confirm

what is the application process of these two products?  I think I will start with the soap canon on the pressure washer, than a good scrub and thorough rinse.  I have some rust under the seats as well.  hoping to clean the seat frames up and paint them as well.  I replaced my drivers seat bottom with one from a seat that has no heat, so I need to come up with a game plan to add heat to that seat and wire it into the truck's stock wiring.  

1 hour ago, portlandareae28 said:

what is the application process of these two products?  I think I will start with the soap canon on the pressure washer, than a good scrub and thorough rinse.  I have some rust under the seats as well.  hoping to clean the seat frames up and paint them as well.  I replaced my drivers seat bottom with one from a seat that has no heat, so I need to come up with a game plan to add heat to that seat and wire it into the truck's stock wiring.  

I did just that.  Used the soap cannon, scrubbed, and then power washed.  It takes a couple days to fully dry because of the padding.  While it's drying, I'd suggest putting down some sound dampening material.  You'd be surprised how much this quiets the cab.  Personally I used "peal and seal" or frost king duct insulation, each have their perks.  Frost king is thicker but peal and seal is easier to work with and can get in tight places. Both can be picked up at Lowe's or Home Depot.  I use spray foam in 2 places.  All doors are done in peal and seal too.

20181002_092752.jpg

20181101_200552.jpg

Edited by SavageTusk
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, SavageTusk said:

I did just that.  Used the soap cannon, scrubbed, and then power washed.  It takes a couple days to fully dry because of the padding.  While it's drying, I'd suggest putting down some sound dampening material.  You'd be surprised how much this quiets the cab.  Personally I used "peal and seal" or frost king duct insulation, each have their perks.  Frost king is thicker but peal and seal is easier to work with and can get in tight places. Both can be picked up at Lowe's or Home Depot.  I use spray foam in 2 places.  All doors are done in peal and seal too.

20181002_092752.jpg

20181101_200552.jpglooks good! Ill probably do that with my 99 daily driver, it's loud and everything rattles. Just sold our 2013 Subaru so looks like the wife gets to drive the nice clean one I posted ?

13 minutes ago, portlandareae28 said:

where did you use the spray foam?  Any thoughts on a DEEP clean for the leather seats, mine are not that dirty but I want them EXTRA clean.

I drilled a few small holes. Were the light red circles are is where I sprayed some expanding foam, let it dry and then just evened it off.  Took about 4 cans.  I have cloth seats so can't help ya with the leather question.

Inked20181002_092752.jpg.5fe8317061b650d4336f55c2927c1459_LI.jpg

Edited by SavageTusk

53 minutes ago, portlandareae28 said:

think the foam makes a difference?  

In those two areas I could knock on it and hear a hollow sound. The back behind the rear seat was the worst.  Aftwards it sounds dense so yeah I think it does.  It could do just as well without and use the peal and seal but I chose foam only in those areas.  I know after all said and done I can actually have a Bluetooth phone call in my truck when before it was difficult.  Music also sounds much better.  For as little as it costs it's worth the extra work.

Edited by SavageTusk

On 10/27/2018 at 6:11 AM, Cronus577 said:

The interior was disgusting and falling apart, typical broken dash, it rattled

You did a tremendous job rebuilding the dash, great pictures and great results. Just getting that Dash Core out with no breaks is a job. Open up a shop for 2nd Gen Restoration, yours is probably better than most professionals could ever think of doing. Thanks for sharing this on the Forum. Keep us posted and thank you.

14 hours ago, Greenlee said:

You did a tremendous job rebuilding the dash, great pictures and great results. Just getting that Dash Core out with no breaks is a job. Open up a shop for 2nd Gen Restoration, yours is probably better than most professionals could ever think of doing. Thanks for sharing this on the Forum. Keep us posted and thank you.

Thank you! I actually have to take it apart again because the new heater core is leaking and leaked into the blend door and now the blend door doesn't work ☹️

Edited by Cronus577

• 2 weeks later...