• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Ram 2500 complete interior restoration

• Owner

Little trick hang the carpet over a fence or a picnic table and use a power washer with wide angle tip. It will clean that carpet to look nearly new. I've done this to my 1996 Dodge turned out awesome.

As for the plastic I know some don't like Armor-all but if applied right it will help plastics from getting brittle.

HVAC I did awhile back fresh evaporator and heater core.

10 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Little trick hang the carpet over a fence or a picnic table and use a power washer with wide angle tip. It will clean that carpet to look nearly new. I've done this to my 1996 Dodge turned out awesome.

As for the plastic I know some don't like Armor-all but if applied right it will help plastics from getting brittle.

HVAC I did awhile back fresh evaporator and heater core.

After I used the extractor I did exactly that and scrubbed it with soap before hand to make it smell better so for about a week it smelled like lemons faint lemons in the truck. The dye took away a lot of the good smell

• Staff
21 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I do this with rugs from the house too and often scrub with soap and water during the process.

Edited by JAG1

6 hours ago, Blueox01 said:

Like that woodgrain bezel, where that come from? Lmc?

I actually got it off of eBay after a few months of looking but I was very specific on finding one with no scratches, cracks, or broken tabs 

1 hour ago, buckeym said:

Looks amazing! So jealous of the condition of trucks down there. like new compared to our rust buckets up here.

This is actually a northern truck, bought it in Washington about an hour north of Seattle

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Suggestion to your interior mod. This is something I'm going to do very soon.

Already have the LED bulbs put in, the. I had some similar to the article you posted but they were non Canbus so they flickered. So I picked up some of these  LED bulbs and put them in, the last pictures in the cab are just from the led lights, no flash and wasn't under direct light picture was taken around 10pm so was pretty dark.

For the power outlet I just want a stock outlet because I don't want to cut into the stock harness and I like the stock look :)

2 hours ago, Bullet said:

Very nice job Cronus!  I will be doing the same thing and build a custom dash while I'm at it.  Your pics and commentary are a huge help.  Good looking truck you got there...inside and out! ?

Thanks man, it's wasnt hard at all, just took a lot of time. The hardest part is getting the clips unhooked from the fuse panel. I swear im dumb and it took me 2 hours trying to figure out how to go about unhooking them. 

5 minutes ago, Cronus577 said:

Thanks man, it's wasnt hard at all, just took a lot of time. The hardest part is getting the clips unhooked from the fuse panel. I swear im dumb and it took me 2 hours trying to figure out how to go about unhooking them. 

Hahaha...I've been there.  I do everything to my truck myself too and there have been many times when I have felt dumb...sometimes even worse.  But it always works out...?

18 hours ago, Cronus577 said:

I actually got it off of eBay after a few months of looking but I was very specific on finding one with no scratches, cracks, or broken tabs 

This is actually a northern truck, bought it in Washington about an hour north of Seattle

Like to find one for my interior, had a cracked dash core, found an agate dash core, so switched the whole interior over from Lt. gray to agate. Had ordered the dash cover from LMC in Lt. gray, but I had a set of Fiberglass  OTB fenders to pick-up in KC so went to their warehouse and swapped .Found all the interior parts after scrounging several trucks in the local U-pull-its, other than the LMC cover have about $200 in the swap. Cut the cup holders that come with auto trans off, and reinforced the mounting plate to tuck my CB in that space, not quite done but like how it's looking.

20181027_173703_006.jpg

couple weeks ago i pulled the seats out and cut the carpet out as it was gone.  mold and spilled oil and dankness from the cab brake light leaking (fixed)  also had a carpenter ant nest under driver seat from florida that caused surface rust.

i wire brushed everything and put the seats back in. I will herculine the cab floor so its easy to clean.  I may tackle removing the dash and cleaning the crap out before i replace the ac system.

sad they dont have a filter to keep the coils clean.....

1 hour ago, CUMMINSDIESELPWR said:

sad they dont have a filter to keep the coils clean.....

I know, Luckily there's a fix!. I'll probably buy one after I move to Texas to keep everything in the HVAC box clean. I don't really care for how they look so I might use some free time to make a mold of the stock cover and make a whole cowl that can use a filter so it looks completely stock. 

Edited by Cronus577