• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear sway bar end links

• Owner

I'll make a quick post on this. If you have truck that got the OEM rear sway bar end links still I highly suggest replacing them very soon. I'm learning just because something can last that long doesn't mean its a good idea to leave in that long. I ended up pulling the entire rear sway bar to just replace the end links. I had to stick each end in my table vise and heat them with MAP gas torch nice and hot and beat them out with a 6-pound hammer. You'll find Dodge really screwed up and has the bolt inserted from the wrong direction on the driver side. The fuel tank is in the way. So you end up pulling the mounting bracket which has 2 nuts. Mine was so bad the passenger side I pull the link right off the ball which was rusted and too small to hold in the cup any longer. The passenger side was in much better condition but sloppy. It was put together 16 years ago and now the rust and the parts are nearly welded together. 

Sorry, no pictures on this its a fairly straightforward task of replacement. I will say that it much easier to remove the entire rear sway bar and work with it in a table vise than laying on the floor attempting to beat the ball studs out. 

16 minutes ago, dripley said:

To late, mine are oe also.

Mine are too, but I was quoting that statement in general. I know you guys put a lot of miles on your parts before you replace them, unlike me I do it for fun :lmao:

10 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Mine are old and rusty too!

• Owner
2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

:think: I hope not one else sees this post :lmao: :sofa:

For the amount of hammer time I've just spent on my truck, I'm rather tired of swinging a 6-pound hammer and heating everything up with MAP gas torch to get it apart. I just fought a unit bearing yesterday for 4-hours. Now gave up on wheel joint I couldn't move that also required 25 to 30 tons of pressure to just make the bearing caps move. Then now I've got to put it all back together again... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

I thought chickens only had anti- waddle bars. :lol:

Ducks waddle chickens sway.

52 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

For the amount of hammer time I've just spent on my truck, I'm rather tired of swinging a 6-pound hammer and heating everything up with MAP gas torch to get it apart. I just fought a unit bearing yesterday for 4-hours. Now gave up on wheel joint I couldn't move that also required 25 to 30 tons of pressure to just make the bearing caps move. Then now I've got to put it all back together again... 

Hopefully reassembly will be kinder.

• Like 2

I have took both front and rear sway bars off for about 1 year now, seems a bit smoother ride for just back and forth to work. Towing with out them really sucks. So I have decided to put them back on and Im gonna need to find which links etc to get all the way around. Pretty much new everything minus the bar! So suggestions welcome!!! 

Taking them off was a pain in the *** I agree!! 

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 6:16 AM, dripley said:

I have kept mine well oiled.

I know this old thread, but since I just replaced all of mine, i am curious what you do to keep them oiled up?

On 11/6/2018 at 8:33 AM, Stanley said:

I have took both front and rear sway bars off for about 1 year now, seems a bit smoother ride for just back and forth to work. Towing with out them really sucks. So I have decided to put them back on and Im gonna need to find which links etc to get all the way around. Pretty much new everything minus the bar! So suggestions welcome!!! 

Taking them off was a pain in the *** I agree!! 

Did you get them back on?  I just finished mine so pretty fresh in my mind.

1 hour ago, portlandareae28 said:

I know this old thread, but since I just replaced all of mine, i am curious what you do to keep them oiled up?

Be slow on fixing any oil leaks you might have. I have a leaky rear main at the moment. The post was a bit of sarcassm.