• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

After longest Dry Spell... Man Oh Man

JAG1

• Staff

We are getting a ton of rain. It's cool cause we got over 2 inches night before last, Last night hugh rain drops woke me up this morning.  I can't say how much though because I let my redneck rain gauge get full, which is a plastic bowl. I'm going to have to buy a real rain gauge or maybe a little weather monitor.

Yesterday while getting my truck work finished up we had a thunderstorm pass right over us it's cool to finally see some real weather.

• Owner

Like here we got 0.27 inches of rain last night and for the year total 16.53 inches so far. Very dry here. 

34 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I'm going to have to buy a real rain gauge or maybe a little weather monitor.

Here is what I got minus the lightning detector. 

https://www.acurite.com/hd-display-with-5-in-1-weather-station-and-lightning-detector.html

Very accurate weather tower. I like the idea of looking at the barometer and watching the pressure trends. I can then tell if the storm is small and move through quickly or large and hang around for the days. How strong the storm is etc. It also keeps track of a 1 year worth of weather data. 

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

According to different weather site average yearly rainfall is 11.56 inches. I'm past that already at 16.53"...

Thats good news and I'm hoping things get back to normal. I know my visit to Montecito, Ca, was interesting..... they say people are thinking about getting air conditioning, which almost never needed, but since the last 5 yrs have been so unusually hot. Rare to see the afternoon coastal fog coming in anymore and used to be a daily occurance in the summer.