• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where would you put this?

So earlier this year I helped my friend order one of these things.  About a month later, he got drunk, forgot and ordered another one so he gave it to me.  I guess these are cast from the same mold used to make the ones in the movie "Convoy" and "Death Proof" which is pretty cool and made to order so it takes about 6-8 weeks.  I'm on the fence about putting it on my truck.  I thought maybe through the top of the grill as that's easily replaced but then I worry about thieves ripping it from the plastic.  I really don't want to put holes in my hood though.  Maybe I should just bolt it to a bench or shelf in the garage.  I still need to decide what color to powder coat it as well.  

duck.JPG

• Like 1

I probably wouldn't put it on my truck...it's cool looking but just not my thing.  But if I were going to put it on my truck and were leary about putting holes in the truck I'd say top of the toolbox looking backwards would be a good spot.  Two holes in the toolbox lid is no big deal...but I would use silicone or rubber washers to keep the rain out. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Top of toolbox :thumb1: I would still worry about vandals.... anything draws their attention is a no no for me. I like to leave worthless power tools in the back of the truck, but nicely cleaned up as if they something. Lol

Edited by JAG1

If he gets drunk again I'll take the next one :lmao:. That's a cool piece. For myself it would probably go on my front bumper in the holes provided for the front receiver hitch that I don't use. I would worry about it getting lifted though. Damn people steal anything these days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

@dripley's ornament on his weekend cruiser. 

thL3HMT8MX.jpg.2d8b82a284b72636fa2562ede23edc80.jpg

That's a pretty small pecker you got there dripley.  What is that 3-4 inches...tops? :stirthepot: