• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lets see what guns you "don't own" :shifty:

Me78569

• Staff

Reloading is huge for me, especially since I shoot 300 H&H. Factory 300 H&H is under-powered and overpriced. 

I chose 7mm/08 over .308 because I reload. If I didn't reload I would have gone .308, but with reloading the 7mm/08 can out preform a .308 due to the same casing with a slightly longer and thinner bullet for the same weight. 

My wife shoots a .280 Rem with a 26" bbl and a muzzle brake, it's not a big deal for her to shoot at the range, but we don't get to shoot much. Most of her shooting is at fur, and even that's not often enough with the kids. Once the kids are gone I presume we'll get her hunting a lot more. 

Edited by AH64ID

• Staff

What happened to my western goat that used to be on here?

Wanted to ask.... is there a federal law limiting the number of rounds a mag can hold? If so.... is it the same for all firearms?

Edited by JAG1

in oregon you might have that case.  They are trying to pass some REALLY tight laws.  

things like limit on how many rounds you can buy a month when not at a shooting range.  

1. storage law requiring you to lock up your gun when not in use.  

2. limit mags to 5 rounds

3. limit ammo purchases to less than 20 round per month when not at a gun range who sell it.

4. use required permit to limit gun purchase to 1 rifle or shotgun and one pistol within 30 days

5. if sheriff wants he can deny the permit based on "reasonable doubt"

6. owner of gun could be held responsible for a theft stealing his gun and using it on someone.  

But don't worry you can still use your gun for self defense :punish:  provided you have bullets and you can get it out of your safe before it is too late.

• Staff

In California the max mag size is 10.   Only law enforcement, when on the job, and criminal can own larger.

You can only buy one rifle, shotgun, or pistol every 30 days with a 10 day waiting period thrown in.  

Starting in June you have to pass a background check with the DOJ to buy ammo ($35), It is good for 5 years and pay a $1 transaction fee for each purchase.  All info of the trans action is kept by the DOJ.

I carry a little 22  daily in my pocket it's so small looks like a cell phone basically

I want to replace with something a little bit more knockdown power but of course I want it to be very comfortable.

Just about every month the NRA magazine has basically an article/advertisement that are handy to carry. But no mention of how this gets in the way of wearing it thing all day long.

If you carry all day long and if you're happy with yours what do you use

23 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I like the idea of reloading, but I dont like the idea of becoming an "expert" in another area of life.  I already do more than I would like lol

I started reloading several years ago and it can be addicting.  I sometimes wonder if the only reason I shoot is just so I can go reload some more....

I reload for my 7MM/08, I couldn't imagine shooting/paying for factory loads.  But by reloading you can change so much and the options can be endless.  Especially if you compare what is available on the shelf.  My son just got an XBolt in the 6.5 Creedmore, we haven't got dies for it yet, but I am excited to start reloading for that. 

You'll be amazed how reloads can change accuracy and consistency.  But you can go bankrupt trying to explore all of the options.

I love the XBolt, I have the X bolt in .300 Win Mag as well.  It is the most comfortable gun I have shot.  I can shoot my .300 win mag all day.  The only down side is it is loud.  It has a muzzle break and even with double hearing protection it will rattle your brain.  I have shot at a few indoor ranges and partially covered ranges and people don't like to shoot near me.

X Bolt.jpg

• Staff
1 hour ago, 015point9 said:

I carry a little 22  daily in my pocket it's so small looks like a cell phone basically

I want to replace with something a little bit more knockdown power but of course I want it to be very comfortable.

Just about every month the NRA magazine has basically an article/advertisement that are handy to carry. But no mention of how this gets in the way of wearing it thing all day long.

If you carry all day long and if you're happy with yours what do you use

.45 ACP is my preferred round for 2 legged predators where I'm not worried about room departure. 

.40 S&W is my in home preferred round for 2 legged predators (some great home defense rounds that won't go room to room)

10mm Auto is my preferred round for 4 legged predators...220gr hard cast lead at 1200 fps will penetrate! (will open carry when the conditions warrant)

None of those come in a pocket pistol. 

I've never been a big fan of the smaller calibers for defense, but I was once told that the 1st rule in a gunfight is to have a gun... and I'd rather have a smaller caliber than no gun. 

That being said I still don't think 9mm is worth it. Guns aren't quite small enough and I think 9mm is a crappy round. I don't even want one to plink with, as .22LR is still cheaper and FUN. 

All of that steered my towards .380. I started with a Keltec P3-AT in .380. It's small, holds 6+1 and was HORRIBLE to shoot. I also never liked +1 since it didn't have a safety, not even a Glock style triger safety. At the time is was really the only option. 

Now I have a S&W Bodyguard in .380 and think it's a great little pocket pistol (actually we have 2, his and hers). It has a real safety so I carried chambered, and it's not really any different in size than the Keltec but it is much more comfortable to shoot. It does have a built in laser too, if you're into those... I am not but that's another story. 

A buddy has gone the same route with Keltec, Bodyguard, and now has a Kahr. I haven't seen it yet, but it's smaller than the bodyguard. 

These are what live in the bodyguards. 

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/handgun/380-auto-90-gr-ftx-critical-defense#!/

Edited by AH64ID
  • Thanks 1

The .270 is sold  to a friend. 

I am thinking this is in my wife future

IMG_9574.jpg

Weatherby Vangaurd Camilla in 6.5 Creedmoor.  

Sportsmans had one in stock and she really liked how it felt.  Nice and light, little shorter stock and barrel, high cheek reset.  

way nicer stock than anything else in the price range.

• Like 2

• Staff
On 1/22/2019 at 8:13 AM, IBMobile said:

In California the max mag size is 10.   Only law enforcement, when on the job, and criminal can own larger.

You can only buy one rifle, shotgun, or pistol every 30 days with a 10 day waiting period thrown in.  

Starting in June you have to pass a background check with the DOJ to buy ammo ($35), It is good for 5 years and pay a $1 transaction fee for each purchase.  All info of the trans action is kept by the DOJ.

I thought I might have heard it from you Dan. My neighbor is shooting off 25 round Mag. I can still hear and still count at least.:thumb1:

Edited by JAG1