• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HIGH BEAM

Hey guys,

I lost my high beam function on the passenger side of my truck.  I know it's not the bulb because I already replaced it with a new one.

What color wires should I be tracing to repair this issue or what might the problem be?  The high beam function works perfectly on the driver's side. 

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

From the splice up to the socket would be my guess. Could very well be the headlight socket too. I've seen them melt over the years. 

Can I splice from the driver's side high wire to the passenger side high beam wire and it works?  If so, what color is the wire?

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I would not suggest hacking wiring right away. First test if you got the ground signal there first. Double check the headlight socket for melting or bad contacts first. Really suck to hack up the wiring and that wasn't the problem. 

Would having "low beam" be an indication that ground is in tact?

Edited by Toughspot

• Owner
1 minute ago, Toughspot said:

Would having "low beam" be an indication that ground is in tact?

No. 

There is two different grounds the hi beam leg and the lo beam leg from the dimmer switch. The ground leaves there heads to the headlight switch and ties in at the drive side kick panel inside the cab. The fact that the headlights come on just proves there is ground. But the ground for the hi beam leg might be damaged from the splice forward or the actual headlight socket. 

Image result for 9004 headlight melted socket

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

No. 

There is two different grounds the hi beam leg and the lo beam leg from the dimmer switch. The ground leaves there heads to the headlight switch and ties in at the drive side kick panel inside the cab. The fact that the headlights come on just proves there is ground. But the ground for the hi beam leg might be damaged from the splice forward or the actual headlight socket. 

Image result for 9004 headlight melted socket

High beam works on the driver's side.  Does each headlight have its own high beam ground?

By the way I checked the socket out yesterday when I changes the bulb and it was good.

Edited by Toughspot

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes, until it reaches the S105 splice.

Okay... I saw a ground that's not connected and I left it off.  Wasn't sure what it was for, but it looked like it went to a component like box and all the other wires from the lights also join.  I'll connect it this evening when I get home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I found what what the problem is.  

Back in the day I installed a britebox that would allow my fogs to stay on with high beam.  There are some loose wires.  I need the installation manual to sort this out because there are some splices in this circuit.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated