• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How often do you wax?

I dont like to wax and dont think those waxes mixed in with the wash are much good.  I usually wash with dawn dish soap about once a year.  Waxing a different matter.  Paint still looks good imo.

Question, these things getting up in years, when does paint start to come off.  I sometimes see 85- 90's degrees for about 1 month max.  No paint peeling and no rust at present time.

How often do you wax the paint?

Same here not much to wax, thought about painting it again, but before I do I need to fix all the rust holes. And by the time I'll be done with that,... let's just say I'll be a while. 

I know Dodge went cheap on paint on these years, funny thing is my little Honda I drive is doing the same thing it's almost like in that 2000 era there was some paint problems

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Same here not much to wax, thought about painting it again, but before I do I need to fix all the rust holes. And by the time I'll be done with that,... let's just say I'll be a while. 

I know Dodge went cheap on paint on these years, funny thing is my little Honda I drive is doing the same thing it's almost like in that 2000 era there was some paint problems

At least the paint is not peeling like alot of gm products did 20 or so years ago.

A good wax job once a year. The truck is stored inside for about half the year. Used a LOT of waxs over the years and the best I have found is Star brite boat  Premium Marine Polish with PTEF (Teflon).  I get mine at Walmart in the sporting goods / boat section. Not all the stores seem to carry it like most box stores a hit or miss deal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1