• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help, fueling issue?

The truck is a 98.5 leaks power steering fluid, couple weeks ago had to add more power steering fluid before leaving work loosened the 90° fitting for my fass to the IP above the power steering  reservoir. I thought by chance I heard a crack noise when doing so. Drove an hour home truck seemed to be running okay.  That night I went hunting and when I went to leave the truck had a hard time starting like it had air in my lines so I figured I just didn’t have the fitting tight. A I also noticed at that time the truck didn’t have the same throttle response etc. I took the 90° fitting off and tightended the banjo to the injection pump before reinstalling 90. Now this is here I’m lost the truck starts right up but any time in put the truck into drive or reverse it dies. Can put into neutral and the truck still will idle but the idle is weak. When it dies it has a hard time starting back up. I installed new fass filter hoping that might solve something it was about a year since I replaced it. Ive also noticed anytime I press the throttle trucks spits and sputters and sounds awful. If anyone can read all the way through this and is willing to help me out I appreciate it. This is my daily driver and with a baby expected here next month I need it back on the road! Thanks!

Definatly sounds like air in fuel. When i had to remove that 90 on my truck when i put it back on i cracked it because i overtightened it. drove fine for a couple days till it broke off truck ran as described and i lost a qaurter tank of fuel in 3/8 of a mile. i would inspect evrything you mssed with for whatever reason and go from theyre. If need be get a clear fuel line and splice it in somewhere an d you will see bubbles if theyre is air in the sytem.

I don’t have a scan tool to check codes hasn’t thrown the check engine light on for any either. Batteries are a week two weeks and I cleaned all the terminals and grounds when I installed them. I did order a new fitting but won’t be here till Tuesday