• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

96’ Ram interior falling apart.

I am completely disgusted with the interior in my 96’ Ram 2500 as everything is just falling apart. I still don’t have a top dash, the kick panel under the steering column broke and fell off, the bezel that goes around the steering column cracked and fell off, the glove box door hinges broke, the overhead pushbutton lights broke, the hand holds on the door panels are cracked, and the HVAC control unit is cracked. Did I manage to get the truck with the single worst interior on the planet? I’m about ready to gut this garbage out and start from scratch. 

5 minutes ago, The_Hammer said:

@dripley The rest of what’s broke on my truck can’t be bought new ??‍♂️

I would not have bought either of those used. Just a short matter of time before they break again unless some history on them. Some of the other stuff might still be in a junk yard somewhere. Who knows. Going to be doing some junk yard searching myself pretty soon. I will keep an out if your thinking of going that way.

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

I would not have bought either of those used. Just a short matter of time before they break again unless some history on them. Some of the other stuff might still be in a junk yard somewhere. Who knows. Going to be doing some junk yard searching myself pretty soon. I will keep an out if your thinking of going that way.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. Ideally I want a permanent fix and I think that’s going to require a lot of custom work.

• Like 1

• Staff
16 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. Ideally I want a permanent fix and I think that’s going to require a lot of custom work.

Look on Craigslist for 2nd gen trucks being parted out. I have seen quite a few in there before. You will get lucky.

Some of my real nice finds meant waiting and searching for over a year. I also learned to be wary of people tending to be not honest.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAG1 said:

Look on Craigslist for 2nd gen trucks being parted out. I have seen quite a few in there before. You will get lucky.

Some of my real nice finds meant waiting and searching for over a year. I also learned to be wary of people tending to be not honest.

Thats how I found. I probably looked on and off for near 3 years before I stumbled across the ones I got.

4 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

The thing that concerns me about replacing everything with used factory parts is how long will it last before this happens again? There are times when I wish I would have done a Fummins ?

That is why I used new for the dash pad and instrument bezel, the oe ones were backed by the sun for years just like most second hand ones have probably been.

• Like 1

I'm still on the hunt for a complete dash core.  There are several on ebay for $600-$800, all located out east.  I hate not being able to inspect something like that in person though.  I also hate the thought of spending that kind of money on something that could easily suffer the same fate.  I'm currently watching a 1999 1500 on Copart that appears to have a good dash in it.  If I can score that for cheap, get what I need and scrap the rest, I could probably break even.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:06 AM, Sycostang67 said:

I'm still on the hunt for a complete dash core.  There are several on ebay for $600-$800, all located out east.  I hate not being able to inspect something like that in person though.  I also hate the thought of spending that kind of money on something that could easily suffer the same fate.  I'm currently watching a 1999 1500 on Copart that appears to have a good dash in it.  If I can score that for cheap, get what I need and scrap the rest, I could probably break even.   

I found a good dash core a local u-pull-it, because mine was all cracked, I got a whole new (to me) agate interior for under $100 (old interior was LT/Gray) I did buy a new Dash cover from LMC truck.

20181012_091111.jpg

20181027_173703_005.jpg

Like your Stacks, I went out side the box because of 115Gal tank in bed.

20181126_123241.jpg

20180921_143443.jpg

• Like 2

I may have found a good core, fellow forum member is parting out a truck and it appears to have a good core in it.  He's going to pull it and let me know for sure and then I'll drive on up to his place in the spring to get it.  I did at least get a new bezel which really helped make things look better. 

5 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

I may have found a good core, fellow forum member is parting out a truck and it appears to have a good core in it.  He's going to pull it and let me know for sure and then I'll drive on up to his place in the spring to get it.  I did at least get a new bezel which really helped make things look better. 

Let me guess, Marcus2000Monster?

2 minutes ago, Sycostang67 said:

That would be the guy.  It's same color as my original so I wouldn't have to swap anything else. 

Yea, he's just a hop and skip from you, no reason for the jump. Wish I was that close to him, shipping real kills a great price on parts.

I'm generally not one for stacks at all on a street truck, but I think regular bed mounted stacks would look nicer than those right angles popping out from under the frame.

Edited by ofelas