• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

19 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Outside / Inside door -> Evaporator -> Blend door -> Heater core -> Vent selector door

The only other thought is do you get everything lined up right and bolted down correctly?

Im fairly certain of that. If something that i messed with wasnt put together correctly what would it be? 

Are you feeling air out of the vents with the selector in the off position? The fan switch has no off position only a low position. I believe the actuator for the inside outside air is located behind the glove box. Maybe you knocked the vacuum line off of it. Not hard to check. I do not know which position it goes to without vacuum.

I drove my truck several summers with no AC. I would leave the selector on the dash/floor position just to help move some air but never noticed any wind noise from that even with the widows up while raining. 

On 11/13/2018 at 6:29 AM, dripley said:

Set it on max AC and see if it stops. That should close off the outside air. I would think the off position would do the same thing.

Max AC and Off is where it does it the most. I can still hear it faintly in other modes. I checked vac lines and all seems well. What door is the one right behind the glovebox? Is that one supposed to open and shut when switching modes?

34 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Max AC and Off is where it does it the most. I can still hear it faintly in other modes. I checked vac lines and all seems well. What door is the one right behind the glovebox? Is that one supposed to open and shut when switching modes?

Max AC and off should shut off the outside air. I am 95% sure that door is the one behind the glove box and there is an actuator on it with a vacuum control line. Just pull the glove box and it is right there. At least get a look at it.  

Did you loose the seals on the heater core and/or the ac evaporator? I would think you would hear wind noise is any setting with them gone. I never gave them a thought when I did mine, but I get no wind noise from there. I dont get any when I just have vents open.

33 minutes ago, dripley said:

Max AC and off should shut off the outside air. I am 95% sure that door is the one behind the glove box and there is an actuator on it with a vacuum control line. Just pull the glove box and it is right there. At least get a look at it.  

Did you loose the seals on the heater core and/or the ac evaporator? I would think you would hear wind noise is any setting with them gone. I never gave them a thought when I did mine, but I get no wind noise from there. I dont get any when I just have vents open.

The door looks good and nonindidnt loose any seals.