• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Towing without gauges

Thought id get some input quick. Im going this weekend to pick up a 1998 24V truck that dont currently run. I dont have gauges yet and im not sure i should tow that heavy beast home? Its a 2 hr drive one way with a few good hills in between. Also i will be parting the truck out. If  anyone has requests let me know.

I towed with mine for 4 years with no gauges, completely stock. Then 7 years later my Banks tuner crapped out and I towed for 3 years after that with nothing but a fuel pressure gauge. This with RV 275s. No issues what so ever. Like @Dieselfuture says keep your rpm up and dont lug the engine you should be fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

I towed with mine for 4 years with no gauges, completely stock. Then 7 years later my Banks tuner crapped out and I towed for 3 years after that with nothing but a fuel pressure gauge. This with RV 275s. No issues what so ever. Like @Dieselfuture says keep your rpm up and dont lug the engine you should be fine.

im prob gonna shoot for it. What do most people see for EGTs with 75s towing? 

• Staff
1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I went a ahead and order a Isspro Pyrometer to ease my mind. Got a mount for the steering column. I’m kicking myself for not buying all the gauges lol.

I ordered the EV2 pyro any reason I can’t get an EV1 boost gauge?

No reason, other than they won't match. 

Want me to load you my Ultra Gauge OBDII reader for the trip? It should read boost, and it's just sitting on the shelf right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

No reason, other than they won't match. 

Want me to load you my Ultra Gauge OBDII reader for the trip? It should read boost, and it's just sitting on the shelf right now. 

Well The pyro will be mounted on steering column and the boost either on the a pillar or below the dash. I didnt notice the difference between the two though. I will check out some images. I may be interested. Thats very kind of you to offer. 

• Owner
31 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Might just go ahead and get a boost gauge. Unfortunatly this means another delay in buying a qaudzilla but oh well... 

26 minutes ago, dripley said:

Dont feel bad, my head gasket replacement is taking my Quad money. I wish it was just a gauge taking mine.

:broke: Between the head gasket and property taxes coming due. I'm not going to be able to replace my injectors. Then Christmas coming I might not see injectors for quite a while. :duh: MPG is sliding backward some. :spend:

6 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

I wonder if it can read our goofy MAP sensor correctly? Even the Quadzilla is close but not absolute on the mark. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

:broke: Between the head gasket and property taxes coming due. I'm not going to be able to replace my injectors. Then Christmas coming I might not see injectors for quite a while. :duh: MPG is sliding backward some. :spend:

I wonder if it can read our goofy MAP sensor correctly? Even the Quadzilla is close but not absolute on the mark. 

Ima just get a boost gauge and mount under dash. Its only an exrtra 75 bucks or so. 

@AH64ID I really appreciate your offer! Very kind of you! 

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

DON'T get me started on property taxes. (read property theft)  :think:

I have the ISSPRO egt, boost, and fuel pressure gauge pod stack on the A pillar and love them.  VERY helpful with keeping an eye on what is going on under the hood.  

• Thanks 1