• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vp44 finally done

So I’ve been through the electrical and I’ve done the ground references and have thrown the 0216 code since I bought the truck but I got away with it for a long time by getting an air dog and improving the fuel to the pump (at mopar1973mans suggestion) and it went away for a yr or two but now I’m consistently getting the dead pedal again and throwing the code again I’m pretty sure the best way to fix it is replace the vp44 just really looking for mopar1973man to send me the info to buy one from the forum cuz I trust his opinion thx for ur time and anyone else who wasted their time reading this.. my truck is an 01 24v ho 6 sp stock injectors 

My next pump is probably going to be Industrial Injection and I'm staying with ho pump more than likely. 

I had intermittent problems pointing to VP, but never a code. After injectors, alternator, and now the ground mod, truck seems to be happy. Aside from a small dead spot when taking off with engine cold, that I believe maybe in tuning, pulling too much duration. 

At least now that you'll have a new VP, you'll have a piece of mind also. I always have that in back of my mind, what if. Unfortunately it doesn't stop, I take care of one if, and seem to always find another one to think about.

Good luck with your VP.

5 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

My next pump is probably going to be Industrial Injection and I'm staying with ho pump more than likely. 

I had intermittent problems pointing to VP, but never a code. After injectors, alternator, and now the ground mod, truck seems to be happy. Aside from a small dead spot when taking off with engine cold, that I believe maybe in tuning, pulling too much duration. 

At least now that you'll have a new VP, you'll have a piece of mind also. I always have that in back of my mind, what if. Unfortunately it doesn't stop, I take care of one if, and seem to always find another one to think about.

Good luck with your VP.

So the intermittent dead pedal when first starting is how it actually started on my truck. I was surfing through the forum reading about other people’s issues and I’m pretty sure I read that moparman tells someone they coulda saved some money getting help from the forum maybe get a good remanded injection pump for 1200 through someone he knows so I’ll probably try that first. I def understand the what if it ain’t the vp and I spend over a 1000 and it doesn’t fix it..  be sad day.

Edited by snoogett

DAP is where I believe @Mopar1973Man purchased his. Most likely where my next one will come from also. They run around a grand or a bit more for more warranty. They are good folks to deal with.

We have seen a lot of folks pay a lot money for pumps from some sellers who get a large premium for the same pumps, upwards of 2 grand for the same pumps made by the same folks.

• Thanks 1