• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Great Info!

BWTSTim

Good morning! Glad to be on this forum. I've owned my 5.9 for two years now. I have been reading on here off and on for quite a while. Seems that there is a lot of useful info here backed up with facts not guesswork. I'm looking to upgrade to a Quadzilla Adrenaline(V2) in the near future and would appreciatte all the help I can get. Hopefully I can provide some some useful info through my upgrading process. I would prefer good, clean power out of my Dodge as I use it for pulling, without complicating things under the hood too much. Thanks for all the help up front.

1 hour ago, BWTSTim said:

Good morning! Glad to be on this forum. I've owned my 5.9 for two years now. I have been reading on here off and on for quite a while. Seems that there is a lot of useful info here backed up with facts not guesswork. I'm looking to upgrade to a Quadzilla Adrenaline(V2) in the near future and would appreciatte all the help I can get. Hopefully I can provide some some useful info through my upgrading process. I would prefer good, clean power out of my Dodge as I use it for pulling, without complicating things under the hood too much. Thanks for all the help up front.

Welcome to the family! Were glad to have you here! Yes in short the Qaudzilla Adrenaline is the only way to go with tuning. If your not wanting too much power and the rest of the truck is stock go with a Qaudzilla XZT. I see you have a Smarty S03, those make good power but are very outdated and obsolete as far as tuning. Are you wanting a tuner only or maybe more than that? 

Also this thread being in the introduction forum and having more to do with modifications ill ask @Mopar1973Man to move us over to the 2ND gen reliabilty/performance section of the forum. Hope you enjoy being here on the forum! 

Edited by Marcus2000monster

Thanks for your reply. Im looking at the adrenaline due to its monitoring capabilities as well. I dont have gauges and I see that I will have that with the Adrenaline. I like the option of using a tablet for my gauges and the ability to change the programs(valet mode for anti-theft). I will slowly upgrade my truck as finances allow for a upgraded transmission, RV Injectors and turbo charger. I have a BW S300GX in the box that I aquired a few years back, just waiting to get the transmission rebuilt before I add too much power. Long term, I would like to have a relliable truck to pull with that has ample power to play with. I'm 50 years old but I still enjoy an occaisional burnout!

Just now, BWTSTim said:

Thanks for your reply. Im looking at the adrenaline due to its monitoring capabilities as well. I dont have gauges and I see that I will have that with the Adrenaline. I like the option of using a tablet for my gauges and the ability to change the programs(valet mode for anti-theft). I will slowly upgrade my truck as finances allow for a upgraded transmission, RV Injectors and turbo charger. I have a BW S300GX in the box that I aquired a few years back, just waiting to get the transmission rebuilt before I add too much power. Long term, I would like to have a relliable truck to pull with that has ample power to play with. I'm 50 years old but I still enjoy an occaisional burnout!

Yep the Adrenaline is for you. Im currently waiting for a Qaud until they come out with theyre new monitor soon. 

• Owner

Quadzilla Adrenaline happens to be the best tuner on the market for the 24V 2nd Gen truck in my mind. Extremely easy to use and extremely easy to install. Takes just a few minutes tinkering with your custom tune and you can be out making smokefree power and increase MPG without much effort.

The only thing I would bring out you might still consider gauges. Yeah, Quadzilla comes with gauges be it really quite nice to be able to go headless and keeping the security of the truck up. Anyone looking in the window won't see a tuner or a screen like Edge Juice or Smarty Touch they assume the truck is stock and move on to the next target. 

18 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Quadzilla Adrenaline happens to be the best tuner on the market for the 24V 2nd Gen truck in my mind. Extremely easy to use and extremely easy to install. Takes just a few minutes tinkering with your custom tune and you can be out making smokefree power and increase MPG without much effort.

The only thing I would bring out you might still consider gauges. Yeah, Quadzilla comes with gauges be it really quite nice to be able to go headless and keeping the security of the truck up. Anyone looking in the window won't see a tuner or a screen like Edge Juice or Smarty Touch they assume the truck is stock and move on to the next target. 

Thanks for the input. Do you find that the gauges correlate well between the two?

• Owner
Just now, BWTSTim said:

Do you find that the gauges correlate well between the two?

Umm... No. To be honest.

EGT +50°F on the Quadzilla vs the ISSpro EV2 across the entire span.

Boost is good 0 to about 25 PSI then varies as it goes towards 40 PSI. Drifting...

ECT only report to 204°F and flips to -40°F. ECM limitation of the CANBus OBDII reports correctly.

MPH is off by -1 MPH across the board. OBDII report correctly. I need to check the newest flash if it's fixed. (I'm behind yet! :doh:)

OIl pressure only works in early years. Doesn't function on my 2002.

Not using the fuel pressure already got a ISSPro EV2 fuel pressure.

The rest of the data like timing, and so forth is fine.

I would not be thinking the updates will improve accuracy.  It simply isn't possible for the most part.  One truck reads one way another reads another.  

EGT's being off, is typical from gauge to gauge.  I used only my quadzilla EGT gauge and never had issues, even towing up some of the steepest and highest grades in the country with really big injectors.   50* is not going ot make or break you if that makes sense. 

boost reading off, is just the nature of the beast.   Some trucks are accurate others are not,  again I never had a mech gauge and I was never the wiser as to if the stock map was accurate or not.  again never an issue.

Coolant over 204* is just a dumb dodge thing.    The dash works so I was happy with that.  

mph is a passthrough, never figured out why mikes reads 1 mph off.  as the developer I wasn't worried enough to mess with it.  

oil pressure gauge works on trucks that did not have the oil pressure switch installed rather than the oil pressure sensor.   typically late year trucks had a switch, early trucks had a sensor.     it may or may not work.  

again none of this stuff in my mind really matters when it comes to keeping things safe.   A well setup / tuned truck will not have issues within the margin of error in any sensor / gauge setup.  

40 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Umm... No. To be honest.

EGT +50°F on the Quadzilla vs the ISSpro EV2 across the entire span.

Boost is good 0 to about 25 PSI then varies as it goes towards 40 PSI. Drifting...

ECT only report to 204°F and flips to -40°F. ECM limitation of the CANBus OBDII reports correctly.

MPH is off by -1 MPH across the board. OBDII report correctly. I need to check the newest flash if it's fixed. (I'm behind yet! :doh:)

OIl pressure only works in early years. Doesn't function on my 2002.

Not using the fuel pressure already got a ISSPro EV2 fuel pressure.

The rest of the data like timing, and so forth is fine.

This is great info. My concerns are fuel pressure and  egts. I agree a properly tuned truck shouldn’t cause issues. Thanks so much

neither of those will read off far enough to matter.    If 50* or even 150* difference is enough to blow something up you have something wrong. 

fuel pressure reads steady and good, again 1 or 4 psi doesn't matter you will clearly see if your lift pump fails regardless.  

as with any sensor data you have to compare trends in order to read them correctly.

• Like 1