• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grounding Accessories’s

Maybe a numb question but I can figure it out. Fuse box in the engine bay, 140 amp alternator fuse, there is a positive and negative lead coming from the batteries. Why am I not getting a good ground there? Would be a nice clean place but I can’t get a good ground!! Can anyone enlighten me

47 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Correct that +12V from the alternator. If you do the W-T ground wire mod that would be an open terminal. Still +12V. Ground should be as SHORT as possible and to body metal. Ground does not require running all the way to the battery.

What is the benefit to this mod other than haveing another open terminal? And thanks for the input and dripley that makes sense appreciate it 

• Owner
27 minutes ago, codie2379 said:

What is the benefit to this mod other than haveing another open terminal?

Huge reduction of AC noise from the alternator is kept away from the VP44 and ECM and prevent their failure from occurring. The master ground for the ECM, PCM, and VP44 all run right beside the alternator charge lead. So the AC noise jumps off and rides the ground lead back to the computers kill the modules with AC noise pulses. 

As you can see here the ground is right next to the alternator charge lead. What the mod does is put the alternator on the passenger battery and the engine ground to the block near the VP44 with the added lead back to the driver side battery separating the charge lead and the master ground by FEET of distance!

DSCF4416.JPG

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Very good info I’m glad I didn’t let my pride get in the way and keep me from asking my original question!! I whacked a slick head the other day doing about 60,  Insurance finally  squared up with me so I have a bumper on order, inner cooler, and radiator sitting in shop. Looks like it will be a lot easier to do this mod with everything out of the way. Really appreciate the info and help. FYI MOPAR1973MAN I installed your high idle kit yesterday works great glad I ordered it.  

• Thanks 1